Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
trying

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

trying

I have been trying to get pregnant for awhile now but my period has been irregular up until January of this year now its on time every month but idk when the best time to conceive would be me and my bf had sex the night before i ovulated and three nights before is this  a good time frame, whats my chances ill conceive?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that if you are ovulating consistently you are probably ovulating.  One way to determine that is to do ovulation predictors.  They are near the pregnancy tests in most drug stores.
If you count the first day of your period as cycle day one, you can start your predictors  on cycle day numbers 11-16. Those days should be your fertile window.
Good luck!
Dr B
So there's a good chance then if i did it the day before and three nights before?
hi i could not help but read this

i am also trying to concive after one still born and one misscarige my and my partner have been trying to have a family of are own he already has two kids

ive been trying now for 14months if you dont know when your ovlating then take ovlation predictor kits use cheap ones to start of with i used wilksons own brand id test 2 times once in the morning and in the evening only because i took a test in the morning i was not ovalting i did one at 9pm and it was a postive
i would also remcomed med help ovlation tracker to keep an eye on your cycle and fill in what been happing
i would also say have sex once every day

some docters say to have sex every day help make your changes very high of concieving try this for about 1year if no luck then go to your gp and see if your partner sprem count is good and make sure everything working the way it should for you too good luck trying is very hard this month me and my partner have took a break of trying to see if it helps also try not to get stressed out trying to concive can take months for some ppl and years for others

good luck
jade x
oh also dont forgot take a break from trying once in a while so your stress levels dnt get high you never know that good be when you concive i have known that to happen before best of luck again