Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
ttc from last 2 months

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

ttc from last 2 months

hello, so i am 19 and ttc since last month and this month. obviously its not that easy to get pregnant as i thought :( but i don really understand that which day iam ovulating as the mucus part is confusing. before 14 days of my next period, iam supposed get lots of egg white like mucus but iam getting a jelly like solid little chunks, which doesnt itch nor have any smell, so its not an infection either. but this is the time in the whole month when i get aroused easily so i guess this is my fertile time. but how do i know when my fertile time is over? i did ttc all seven days as iam confused about my exact date of ovulation. can anyone pls help. and i dont want to buy any kind of body measering temp or etc i just want to understand it naturally. Also some say that during ovulation women get cramps in lower abdomen, but i get it only few days before my period, also the breast tenderness start 1 weak before my period so is that my ovulation time?  
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you may want to check out our ovulation tracker--http://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/gallery/ovulation

This is an excellent way to know what is going on with your cycle.
Also, for normal healthy couples, it can take up to ONE YEAR to conceive.
Good luck!
Dr B
Dr B
Hello.

Dont worry. You are underage when it comes to TTC !!! Just kidding. You are in the right age bracket, so dont stress over it. Coming to your question, identifying your fertile window is an art. There are 3 ways to estimate your ovulation date - (1) change in the consistency of the cervical mucus (2) OPK - ovulation prediction kits (3) CD 21 progesterone test. I will dwell on each of these methods in brief. Do a google to learn more about these methods.

(1) Change in the consistency of the cervical mucus -  At ovulation the CM is the most fertile. It is thin, clear and the consistency is similar to egg white. Plunge your thumb and index finger into the CM. Stretch your fingers . If it is of the fertile type, the CM will not break. It will be stretchy.

(2) Ovulation prediction kits - These kits work by detecting LH surge. Some 48 hours before the egg ruptures, Luetinizing harmone in the body rises and signals the ovaries to release the mature egg. If your average cycle length is 28 days, start testing from the 11th day. Instructions for use and details on interpreting results are usually printed on the pack.

(3) CD 21 Progesterone test - Use the first two methods to estimate the ovulation date and use this one to confirm the same. This test is based on the fact that 7 days after ovulation, the harmone progesterone reaches its peak. Once again if your average cycle length is 28 days, you got to take this test on the 21st day assuming you ovulated on the 14th day. If you ovulated late, take this test 7 days from the estimated ovulation date. This test is an important biochemical marker of ovulation.

It generally takes a few months to get the ovulation date right. Hey you are just 19. Most important rule is not to stress. Have fun.