Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
ttc

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

ttc
Me and my husband are trying to concieve is there a possibility that I can still get pregnant a day before or a day after I ovulate. And also how long does ovulation last.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the egg is released and remains fertile for about 24 hours.  Sperm can live approximately 3 days in the female reproductive tract.  That leaves a window of about three days during which a woman can conceive during a given cycle.  To answer your other question--yes you can get pregnant before you ovulate (because the sperm hang around) but no you can't get pregnant more than 24-36 hours after ovulation.
Good luck!
Dr B