Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
wishing pregnancy

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

wishing pregnancy
Last year I ordered two bottles of fertilaid offline started taking them and prenatal pills and I got pregnant come to find out it was a tubal pregnancy. Had surgery for it which ended up in me losing my right tube cause it ruptured so now I'm being told the other is blocked. Tried to get it unblocked by an hsg but couldn't even accomplish that because the closer up they got the more it hurt so they wouldn't go through with it. So I'm thinking about just going n January seeing a obgyn n most likely having surgery on my tube.
HI!
IF you were my patient, I would offer you two options at this point.  A surgery called a tuboplasty or IVF.  I would want to confer with the doctor who operated on you when you had your ectopic pregnancy and ask him/her what the other tube looked like at time.  That doctor might be able to gove some insight into how likely it is that sugery would help--it doesn't always.
If the surgery doesn'f work the only remaining opiino is IVF.  In my personal experience, most surgery just delays the inevitable and the patients end up with IVF anyway.  
Hope this helps!
Dr B