Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
wondering

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

wondering
I was on depo provera shot for 16 yrs, I've been off of it for over a year now, if and when will it be possible for me to have children?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would hope that you have been taking your calcium all along, or if not I would encourage you to start now.  As far as fertility, having regular menstrual periods is a sign that you are ovulating once again. This usually occurs within 1-18 months after stopping Depo.  If you have not resumed regular periods within that amount of time, you should contact your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B