Fibromyalgia Expert Forum
15 yr old female with joint pain & burning feet
About This Forum:

This expert forum is for questions and information regarding Fibromyalgia. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

15 yr old female with joint pain & burning feet

My 15 yr old has had progressively worsening joint pain the past 1 1/2 yrs and has recently developed "burning feet."  my dr. sugested rheumatoid arthritis, but the standard lab test were negative a few mos ago.  i took her to an adolescent rheumatologist who did no further testing, only a one time ofc exam and said "she doesnt have RA because the lab tests were negative.  I am at a loss.  Now she is complaining that her feet "burn."  this is a girl that has always been healthy except for strept throat and fevers as a child and never complained.  i need some advise.  i need to help my daughter.  What could this be?  What other tests should we do?
Related Discussions
Hi Diane ,
The past medical history of your daughter having streptococcal infections and the present symptoms of joint pains and burning feet are suggestive of Rheumatoid arthritis . A single symptom or a single test result is not enough to diagnose arthritis . There are a number of tests that should be carried out to rule out the disease . Rheumatoid factor , ESR , Anti -CCP , ANA ( anti nuclear antibodies ) , HLA tissue typing , blood levels of uric acid , X rays of bones and joints and MRI of the joints . Please ask the rheumatologist to carry out all the tests and give a diagnosis and treatment plan if Rheumatoid arthritis is ruled out . Please take the opinions of  different rheumatologists after getting the investigations results .  Hope this helps you . Take care and regards  !

2 Comments
Blank
975514_tn?1325001538
MRI her Lumbar Spine- Don't forget!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity