Fibromyalgia Community
A Negative Study of the XMRV Virus has been Published in the UK

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

A statement has been released by the Whittemore Peterson Institution about it the latest negative research that attempts to disprove that the XMRV neuro-immune virus has significance in causing ME/CFS. I encourage you all to copy paste the links below and read the information contained. Keep in mind, this is just one study and unfortunately sometimes scientist use different methods when they conduct research. In this case the UK scientists methods may be in question here, so there still is hope. Also, everybody seems to have an agenda and a bias. We will have to wait and see how things shake out.  

http://www.wpinstitute.org/news/docs/WPI_Erlwein_010610.pdf

http://www.cfids.org/cfidslink/2010/010603.asp
Tags: XMRV, Research
It is a shame that we finally are getting somewhere with possible causes for CFS and then this. I guess a wait and see approach is best. I am finding it so difficult for people to understand that CFS is real, and not some hypochondriac depression!!
Hi im Billy,  I completely understand what you mean about finding it difficult getting people to believe you,  I have FMS and get frustrated at times because people just don't understand what its like and that's the people that believe your not just nuts!!!

I'm in the UK and wish research and Drs where as advanced as America!!  Even if the UK and America shared their findings and work on things together instead of trying to get one up on each other we would be years ahead of what we are justnow?!?
Here is a link to Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's reaction to the XMRV study's conflicting findings. I think he has some good points and gives a lot a background about the politics behind what's going on.

http://www.endfatigue.com/health_articles_c/Cfs_fm-xmrv_controversy_heats_up.html
I've read about the UK reports on XMRV....

If I remember correctly, WPI never claimed their research result to be the sole cause of ME/CFS....there're lots more work to be done, and we should all keep an open mind and wait for the final verdict on this virus....

There're so many other viruses could be the co-factor in ME/CFS, don't ya all think?

Happy belated New Year to all.