Fibromyalgia Community
Allergic reaction to trigger point injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.  I had been getting trigger point injections where my doctor would just inject saline.  I would feel fine  afterwards but the injections themselves didn't help.  My neurologist suggested I go to a pain doctor for the injections.  I went to him on 5/30/13.  He injected me with
some type of pain medication/steroid. By the time I left his office I became very itchy.  I called my pain doctor who said this is normal & to take Benedryl.  My problem is:  today is 6/5/13 and I am still very itchy.    I can't go more than 5 seconds without scratching.  I am very uncomfortable.  Can you please tell me what to do to get rid of this itchy feeling?  Also, how long will this feeling last? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!!
Hey kimmie1022

Your chronic itchiness could be related to stress. Prolonged stress
can interfere with cortisol receptors and thus cause chronic inflammation,
Normally inflammatory processes are part of healing, but in this case it is contributing to chronic symptoms.
An enegry medicine practitioner could clear this for you, should this indeed be the issue.
If you have any trouble locating one in your area, or if you need more info, please let me know.

This is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.

Best wishes!
Niko

PS. If you want some natural suggestions regarding FMS  management,
please  search here under IWILLDOTHIS.