Fibromyalgia Community
Any Suggestions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Any Suggestions

Hi, I had gone to dr.s for years before I was diagnosed with FMS that was after I had contracted Lyme disease and had been very sick for 6 months. The FMS is horrid, chronic pain everywhere, no strength in my hands, pain right down the middle of my chest,just everywhere.My dr. didn't know what to do, we tried all types of meds and nothing worked. Finally she pt me on oxycontin. Well it worked but I became a prescription addict. after several years I decided enough was enough. I have been clean from oxyi, hydrocodone, clonesapam and cigaretts for 20 days now. They are all highly addictive. So be very careful if the are suggested to you. Right now I am dealing with the chrnic pain. Another dr recommended Lyrica, which has too many side effects for me. I do take alprazolam .25 am .25 afternoon and .5 at night. Sleeping is also difficult. If anyone has found a help with the pain besides  narcotics I would love help. Anything holistic or alternative. Someday the pain is unbearable. ANY SUGGESTIONS??