Aa
A
A
Close
4068459 tn?1349505700
Anybody taking Savella or taken Savella?
Hi, my name is Ashley and I am 28 yrs old. I have Fibro since I was 17. My pain is poorly controlled right now and I am thinking of taking Savella and giving it a go. I've heard there are horrible side effects in some, and others really like it. Any thoughts or opinions out there before I see my doc on the 15th. Also any feelings on pain patches like Flector or Lidoderm for specific areas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks a bunch! :)
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
553995 tn?1332022440
Try Savella, nothing in my 15 years of FM has worked like it.
For me the experience was.... I was given the titration pack. 12.5 up to 50mg.
Going from 12.5 mg. to 25 mg within 4 days was too fast. I crashed on 25 and became depressed. I have the best doctor, a neurologist. I told him and he heard me ask for 12.5mg 2x a day until I leveled off on that dose. You can feel it. After 6 weeks I went up to 25mg. Twice a day.  After three weeks I leveled off. Mood was good and pain was 1/3 less. I went to the desired dose of 50mg 2x a day and today I went to the beach with family and all of our dogs. We have a Zombie walk here  we went and I met a friend. I'm doing amazing.
Try it but slowly. I use Vicodin  ( zydone a lower tylenol Hydrocodone ) for when the pain is predominant. There are days I over do it, lol
Good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources