Fibromyalgia Community
Anyone else experience a lot of nausea?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Anyone else experience a lot of nausea?

Does anyone else with FM/CFS experience a lot of nausea?  I've experienced this chronic nausea for such a long time that I can't remember how long it has been.  This has been going on for years now.  Most mornings I am so nauseous that I simply can't function 'til much later in the day.  I am prescribed Phenagren for the nausea, which seems to be associated with the IBS and the migraines, but since it's happening everyday I'm thinking that something else may be involved.  My doctors haven't figured out what causes all this nausea either.  The more pain or fatigue I experience, the worse the nausea is.  I would be interested in hearing what others do for such nausea.  It sure does make it hard for me to even function.
I have some nausea.  Before I was dx, I had extreme nausea.  

I was dx w/ lupus and fibromyalgia.  The nausea got much better when I was placed on Plaquinel.  I still have nausea and it does seem to correlate w/ a flare of symptoms.  I truely think it was more related to the lupus rather than the fibro.  But I always have diarrhea along with the increased nausea.  Do you have that aweful symptom too?  I have heard that Irritable Bowel can be associated w/ fibro, but it can also go along w/ lupus because lupus can cause inflammation in the intestines.
I have nausea often...and I have ME/CFS, ADDISON DISEASE, FMS.    Never took anything for it...it comes and goes like many other symptoms I have, often worsen as my overall condition worsens like you do.

Hope you have an easier day today.  With hugs,
Kit.  
i dont know your detailed history but anyone with chronic fatigue syndrome that involve gastrointestinal signs should consider enterovirus infection as the main cause. this is according to dr john chia who has done a lot of work in this area. his therapy has noticiceably helped me.
I never heard of Enterovirus Infection or Dr. John Chia.  Where would I find out more?  Is there a way to test for this virus?
dr chia is a very well respected infectious disease specialiast who actively got involved in chronic fatigue research because his son contracted the disease. he strongly believes that a good percentage of chronic fatigue patients have an enterovirus asthe main cause. i have had chronic fatigue syndrome for sixteen years and thusly have investigated and tried many different therapies. being a veterinarian i have the advantage of being medically knowledgeable.  i have communicated with dr chia via e mail many times and have read everything about him and his research. i have great confidence in his work. i know that everyone will not fall into the enterovirus category but those that docould find relief. diagnosis is not always easy as the virus frequently becomes tissue bound and not detectable in the bloodstream.  biopsies of the stomach are his method of detecting the virus. fortunately for me i had recently had acolonoscopy with biopsies that i had forwarded to his lab. my results were all strongly positive for the virus. technically this just definitely means that you    have the virus in your body not necessarily that it is causing any symptoms. his studies show that chronic fatigue patients show positive for enterovirus much much more frequently than normal controls. also agood percentage of them respond to varying degrees to antiviral therapy. hid research institute is working on more specific therapies. enteroviruses include echoviruses and coxsackie viruses  if you google dr johnchia enterovirus you will find numerous references
Have you had an endoscopy procedure?(camera into your stomach) When I had one, they only found acid refux, but I am on Omeprazole 20mg. and it seems to help. I am also on Phenergren for the nausea, which happens much less now.
I will be having an endoscopy next week.  I suspect my GERD may have become a hiatal hernia, and there is risk of developing Barrett's Esophagus after having GERD as many years as I have had it.  I took the PPI you're talking about for a really long time, but I developed an intolerance for it.  Every time I took it I was more nauseous than anything I'm dealing with right now.  I've been controlling my symptoms through diet, and the one good thing out of doing that has been that I lost a lot of weight by doing this.  But, the endoscopy is being done, because now I'm having new symptoms that I didn't have before that lead me to believe that there is a possibility of hiatal hernia or Barrett's Esophagus.  Hopefully, not, but better safe than sorry.

I have Fibro, IBS (had that since birth - there was only one formula I could keep down, soy-based) also EXTREMELY lactose intolerant.  Gall bladder surgery at age 22 - removed.  Constant vomitting stopped, but all other IBS symptoms remain.  I am now 45.  I just experienced the nausea when they put me on the trial pack of Savella.  It was IMMEDIATE and CONSTANT.  Took myself off Savella after four days.  (Thank the Good Lord for giving me the sense to do so - * had many other negative side effects with Savella, but nausea was intolerable).  Since stopping Savella, no nausea other than with occasional migraines and occasional food intolerances.  I don't know if this helps, but that was my experience.  Best wishes for you.