Anyone else get night sweats with Fibro?
Or am I the only one who goes thru periods of  having to change my sheets all the time?

I have night sweats maybe four-five days per month. Some are hormonally related, but some aren't. The ones that aren't are accompanied by other symptoms of my fibro. I hate night sweats! Anyone have a way to avoid them?

Thanks!

Menty
I don't get night sweats with the fibro. But I have had them as part of peri-menopause. What really helped that is sepia. It is a homeopathic and also helps hot flashes, PMS and migraines. I thought I had found a 'wonder drug' when my naturopath suggested I try it for hot flashes which stopped almost right away and then I read that it can help with migraines and again it worked so quickly. What a relief. I also use a fan every night and use cotton sheets which seem 'cooler' to me.
Hope this helps
Bish72
I have been having night sweats for the last few months and didn't realize it was a side effect of Fibro until you all mentioned it.  I don't think mine is from peri-menopause.. I've had a hysterectomy quite awhile ago.  I will check into the sepia.. though.  I used to have horrible migraines that have really diminished over the last 4 years.Thanks ya'll!
Great, I'll have to give Sepia a try! I've never heard of it, but I'm very excited by the prospect of doing less laundry...

Thanks!

Menty
Night Sweats SUCK!! Mine will come and go. I may have them for a week straight, and then they stop for a week or two, but return with a vengence! I soak the entire bed, and it's a king! I will wake up drenched, with sweat rolling off my legs, face, and back. You could ring out the clothes I'm sleeping in!  Sometimes I have to  change into dry clothes 4 times a night! This has been going on for almost 3 years. and every now and then they will be cold sweats which are even worse!

I have no idea why it happens. I was diagnosed w/CFS and FIBRO about 6 years ago after going through 14 surgeries in 1 1/2 years, but the night sweats came along 3 years later.

Whats sucks is  I don't even lose any weight after sweating so much...I mean c'mon...work with me! lol
ditto ditto ditto sucks!
on a twist to this, does anyone else get the    oh i call it the lil hot flash wave whenever your body pain or fatigue or fibro somethingorother intensifies for a period? Not talking a flare. or maybe i am but  just a brief period one.   I don't know how to explain this. the other thing i call it is the "I just lost air, speed, and altitude thing".  Do you think as our medicines and/or body is adjusting to different things about this that it comes on in waves at times like this? Sometimes i think its a signal of breakthru pain coming on, but then I have noticed it at stress times and  (I'm not talking regular meno hot flashes/night sweats here -but Thanks to this thread I find a new thing the Sepia to try for that - especially for my sis who cannot take anything estrogen, hrt etc - causes her blood clots)  and sometimes its a a tingly wave thing. I don't know - its just another weird thing in the world of fms/cfs.