Anyone else have these symptoms?
I'm not sure these new symptoms (not really new, different I guess) are part of my Fibro. It's hard for me to tell the difference between what is caused by the fibro and what is not. I've always had fatigue, low back pain, fibro fog, flu like symptoms, headaches etc...

For a while now I have had severe upper back pain that I assumed was related to problems with my shoulder injury that I will be having surgery in a few weeks to repair. The new part is that I feel a burning like pain in my upper back, arms are fatigued and burning sensation in throat and ears.

My back symptoms are so bad that when I go to the chiro it is becoming more painful to the touch. I can no longer get a massage as it hurts too much. I really don't know how to explain it other than a achy burning sensation. This is making it difficult to function for any period of time.

Has anyone else experienced this type of burning? If so, have you found anything that helps? I have been on Cymbalta, morphine cr 30 mg, percocet for break through pain, valium for panic attacks and GAD. I would also love to try to get off all meds and start from scratch to see if anything changes. Any suggestions?

Feel like crap and am afraid to have the shoulder surgery with all of this going on. Thanks for your help, you guys are always very helpful :-)
What type of shoulder surgery are you about to undergo? I had one a couple years back and I am curious to know. Do you have a torn rotator cuff?
I have had the tingling, burning, weakness, numbness in my arm and hand because of the bone spurs that are pressing against the nerves in my neck and shoulder.  How long have you been on the Cymbalta?  and did these new symptoms start when you started that?  Just curious.  

T
Thanks Dusty and Tsila...

Dusty,
I will be having surgery to repair a rotator cuff tear (70%), labrum tear and bicep tendon tear. They will also be doing a subacromial decompression and clavicle resection. Dusty what kind of surgery did you have on yours? I'm interested in any info you might have re: the recovery process. I'm terrified of course, my anxiety issues and panic attacks are increasing as I get closer to surgery time :-( Does the fibro make the recovery more difficult?

Tsila,
I have been on the cymbalta for about 8 months now but these symptoms have only been going on for a couple of months. The burning that is, I have had the back pain for a long time. I had a severe attack last night, actually thought I might be having another heart attack but then noticed a burning in my throat. I have also been undergoing testing for gastro issues so now I wonder if the burning pain is coming from GERD??? Too many issues at once lol (if I don't laugh I'll never stop crying) just not sure what to do.

Thanks again to both of you. Hope you had a Happy Easter