Anyone experience popping in all joints?
I've asked this on the autoimmunity board, but I have been unable to get answers. I have popping in almost all the large joints in my body (shoulders, wrists, hips, jaw, neck). This all started three years ago (at 38 years old) with a sudden onset of joint pain. A few months later, my shoulders began to pop. This moved to my wrists and then other joints. My shoulders are the worst. They pop constantly when I stretch my arms out or lift things. They even pop when I turn the steering wheel in my car. My wrists feel like they are wanting to lock up and pop a lot as well. This all came on suddenly and has progressed. I completely changed my diet to help with the initial joint pain and have those symptoms under control, but I can only eat a few different foods. The popping is the symptom that continues to get worse and has started causing problems with my back now. I can't really exercise much b/c of the popping, so I've lost muscle mass in my arms, shoulders, and chest. Anyway, I'm curious if others with Fibro conditions have experienced this. I've been told by doctors that I may be on the Fibre-Spectrum and have been offered Cymbalta. I turned it down b/c the doc didn't seem to really have answers and was just guessing.
By "popping" do you mean "cracking?" Does it hurt when it pops? My body cracks and pops all the time. I sound like I'm made out of Rice Krispies some days. ;) It doesn't usually hurt me though. Sometimes a pop makes the joint feel better, especially in my wrists. It happens when I stretch or do exercises too. I brought this up to an Orthopedist once who said not to worry about it.
I have fibro, and do experiance something similar with joints making loud noises when moving. Sometimes, it's not painful at all and sounds incredibly loud. Other times, it can be quiet and hurt a lot. My knees 'pop' or 'crack' the most often for me, though I have had it in the shoulders and elsewhere too.

As explained to me, this is typically the joints moving across each other, and generally nothing to be concerned about. That said, I was told if there is any swelling that occurs with it, to inform my doctor.  

As for Cymbalta, I used to be on that and worked great for me. Sadly, my insurance will no longer cover it, and I had to give it up.