Anyone
Can anyone answer this question?? Can you have Fibro and NOT have pain at the tender points?? I have all the symptoms of fibro but I did not feel the tenderness when the doctor examined me? Has this been the case with anyone else??
Believe me:  if you have fibro, you feel pain.  I have pain in all 18 tender points and am unable to work because of the pain.  How do you know you have the symptoms?  How did you learn about fibro?  If you are constantly reading about illnesses, you can sometimes convince yourself that you have that problem.  Hope things work out for you.
I have pain in all areas of my body. I've been tested for RA,Lupus,and Lyme disease....all negative. My pain comes and goes....I don't have it 24/7.  I complained about the pain on my last visit to the doctor ....but when he felt a couple of areas(tender points) I did not feel anything more than what I was already experiencing. He says I have been tested for so many things and that he thinks I may have Fibro.....thats when I started researching Fibro and the symptoms and then I found this forum and realized that I have almost all the symptoms that everyone talks about here. My doctor put me on LYRICA three weeks ago but I still had several days of pain. I'm not convinced yet that I have Fibro because as I read I am finding there are alot of other diseases that mimic This one. I have to go back to the doctor in a week.....he wants to do a muscle biopsy?? I wonder if doing a biopsy is part of diagnosing fibro or something else? Thank you for answering my post.
I have been told I have fibromyalgia and yes when the doctor did the presure point test on me I felt know pain.But most of the time I have some type of pain.I also have many other symptoms that dont go with symptoms of fibromyalgia.I had a biopsy done to check for lymphoma and that was just the start.You just need to talk to your doctor about whats going on with your body and if you dont like the answer you get then be blunt.A person always knows when somethings wrong with them and some times a doctor cant finde any thing wrong.You should talk to your doctor about fibromyalgia and read more up on it.
I have had fibro for 10 years now.. first they thought I have arthritis which I do  but they only treated that.. now am on Lyrica, it takes a couple of day to work and take it 3 times a day at 75 mgs, it is wonderful, finally gets rid of most of the pain, and I can't work either, besides of the fibro I have chara malformation, which is a birth defect where your spinal cord is too long and your brain rest on it instead of floating around which causes migraines...they finally find this last Sept after suffering migraines for over 20 years...any way to make a long story short, if you have fibro you have pain....I think you need to talk to your Dr about about what is going on with your body and it you don't get the answer you want ask for second opinion.
You said that the doctor only felt 'a couple' of the pressure points.  To make a correct fibromyalgia diagnosis he must do all 18 and at least 11 must be tender.  It could be that the ones he did were not painful for you.  I had 17 of the 18 points be painful by pressure (the only reason it wasn't all 18 was that the doctor said by the way I was holding myself he could tell the 18th was painful and he didn't want me to deck him when he touched it!).  Before you see your doctor again try keeping a journal of when you feel pain, the type of pain, and where it is.  This will help your doctor immensely in ruling some things out.
Thanks to all of you for answering my question. I was womdering if anyone had to undergo a muscle biopsy and why???