Fibromyalgia Community
Are these symptoms of Fibro?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Are these symptoms of Fibro?

Hi! I am one of those limbolanders who drs have suggested both MS and Fibro but I havent been able to get any answers and am suffering until a dr is willing to help me :/

Ive done lots of research (mostly MS) but have been trying to read as much as I can about fibro but am still confused due to conflicting info.  I was wondering if these following things are symptoms of fibro: tingling in legs and arms, drop foot (tripping a lot), hands dropping things, chordination problems (running into door frames or other objects due to not being able to perceive acurate distance)、foot not working while driving.

My MRI last year was negative (im scheduled for more in a couple of weeks) I do have a lot of symptoms that are common to both MS and fibro but also lack some of the main symptoms found in both.  I dont really have any tender spots (but havent officially been check for them by a dr) but Ive never noticed tender spots any where. Ah, the joys of being in limbo land! lol
I have all of those symptoms with fibromyalgia except for tripping a lot and it is very rare that my foot does not work like the way I think you are describe but once in awhile it does happen.
When I was getting diagnosed, I didn't actually realize just how bad they were until the rheumy checked it for me, but I still felt pain in that area and sometimes I can really feel them.
I hope they are able to find out what you have.
Thank you for your response :)
Hey iambus.
Please read my response to"Why are there so many doctors who do not beleive in fibromyalgia? earlier this month. You may find some helpful information there.
Take care.
Blessings
Nikodicreta
Getting a fibro diagnosis is a long process because doctors first have to rule out life threatening conditions. They will usually order blood work and x-rays- if all those are normal that's when they will start looking into a fibro diagnosis. I would suggest seeing an Internal Medicine doctor or a Rhumetologist(sp)- in my case, I was diagnosed by my family doctor... All the best to you
I saw a rheumetologist almost 2 years ago who told me that (before doing blood work) that my symptoms were all in my head :/ I've been tested for Lyme, lupus, sjorjens, thyroid, diabetes, plus the usual blood panels for everything (many times in the past 12 years) yet no diagnosis.  I had a GP who said my symptoms sounded like MS or fibro but after doing a (partial) MRI that came back clear he told me I had depression (even though I told him I definitely was not depressed!) I don't know where to turn to :/
Hey iambus.

I can almost sense your pain and frustration in your post!

Have you done the 24 Holter ECG Test and the Blood Volume Test?
These are preliminary Pathogenic Mycoplasma tests and affordable.
As the above tests are not 100% "medically" conclusive- one must understand that this is a very specialized area of medicine with very few scientists and Doctors are familiar with it-the ultimate tests are:
Polymerase chain reaction test (DNA breakdown and Regrowth of Damaged DNA components) Specialized Blood testing (Dr. Les Simpson). A blood sample is sent to New Zealand for this test.

My suggestion is -if you haven't done so yet- is to get in touch with Dr. Garth Nicolson the expert in  Pathogenic Mycoplasmas research and treatment.   www.immed.org
These pathogens, when active, can take over the immune system and your life!
The greatest difficulty is detecting their presence, as they camouflage themselves wrapped in borrowed cell membrane. Very few tests and labs in the world are pertinent to this.
99% of Fibro sufferers have Pathogenic Mycoplasma co-infections.
And it is not exclusive to Fibro. It is connected with CFS, MS, Cancer, Aids, Parkinson's
Alzheimer's and more.
Please do a careful search on this. The vast majority of MDs including Rheumies, are either NOT familiar with this or...???
Hope you find the answers you are looking for.
Blessings
Nikodicreta
wow, I don't think I've ever heard of those blood tests! (I think I've only had just regular blood work done) I will have to look into those! Thank you for the info! :)