Are we all low on vitamin D ?
Why is that most people are low on Vitamin D. My test results came back low on vitamin D and the doc says oh " your D is low.." That's it. There has to be reason why it's low.

I am lazy by choice, I hate the feeling of fatigue, headaches, dizzy , eye pain, leg pain, nose pain, face pain, cheekbone pain, lymph pain, ear pain et.c..

I can go on and on and on and on forever.

Someone, please help me. Tell me what should I do. How should I take things differently.

I also have a low vitamin D, due to vitamin D dysregulation. (thanks to intracellular bacteria) This is common in many fibromyalgia and CFS patients.... and not to mention, other chronically ill patients with autoimmune diseases.

I discovered about 1 1/2 years ago that I am low on vitamin D as well.  I have suffered from FMS for about 20 years.  I am 32.  I often wonder why my family physician, at the time (who still does not believe in FMS), never checked for vitamin D deficiency.  I am taking 50,000 i.u. per week.  My starting dosage was 50,000 for 6 days in a row and then 50,000 each week thereafter, supplementing with CitraCal + D or generic equivalent, at least 600 units twice daily.  This helped with some of the cheekbone pain, jaw pain and face pain; however, my FMS symptoms are alive and well.  Supplementing with vitamin D and having my levels checked periodically have not helped my other symptoms.  I have read some of supplementing with magnesium.  Any suggestions from the forum on that?  What kind and how much?  Hope everyone is as well as could be ;)
I have read some of supplementing with magnesium.  

Supplements are very important for people who have chronic illnesses.. especially those of us who have trouble digesting. There are several supplements that are very important for people who have fibro & CFS and magnesium is one of them. I buy my magnesium in powered form, so that I can digest it easier.

"The Role of Magnesium in Fibromyalgia"

http://web.mit.edu/london/www/magnesium.html

P.S. ~ Has your vitamin D level gone up since you started supplementing ?

my chiropractor gave me magnesium for the muscle spasms in my legs that i get most nights 30mg  3times a day.But now i have a TENS machine and use it on my legs twice a week and i havent had a night spasm since.But for the rest of body it just takes the edge off the pain.
I just saw the rheumatologist for the first time last week.  He diagnosed fibromyalgia and ran a slew of tests.  Results (apparently no surprise):

Iron Low (13 before my heavy period)
Vitamin D Low (15.8)
C-Reactive Protein High (18.8)

Couple of weeks ago discovered rapidly elevating TSH levels (.67 -5.25-15.5) in two months and Hashimotos.

I am new to this and relieved to hear I'm not alone, but totally confused about what any of this means.
Thank you for your suggestions and for the link to the article.  I have been researching.  And yes, my Vitamin D level has remained in the low to middle end of the normal range since supplementing ;~)    

Does the type of magnesium matter?  I've seen mag chloride, oxide, gluconate, etc......  One thing I know is I don't want mag citrate.....  LOL  

Later ya'll.  Have a good one!
Hi, my D has been low also.  After figuring out what the tests meant, the D3 is the one that utilizes sunshine and the D2 is the one that shows lack in vit. supplementation.  My D2 was <4.  My Dr. suggested 800mg D supplement.  I don't know if Caltrate with D is good enough or if I should buy a kick butt D.

Does D built up in the body like iron supplements or is it water soluable like the C's and B's, which you cannot overdose on?

CoEnzyme Q10 is very important for FM muscles.
I've been a member of the FM club for 15 years, diagnosed for 12.  Mine started with EBV.
"Does D built up in the body like iron supplements or is it water soluable like the C's and B's, which you cannot overdose on?"

I don't believe that you can overdose on vitamin D. However, what physicians are seeing in chronically ill patients is that they have vitamin D dysregulation. We have a low vitamin D, but a higher vitamin D 1,25 hydroxy. If our vitamin D hydroxy gets too high... we are risk for organ damage.  There is some very controversial new research that suggests that a vitamin D deficiency may be a symptom of a disease and supplements can make it worse.

I notice a tremendous amount of sweating happens when I take beyond 100iu of Vitamin D per day.  Someone put me on cod liver oil and not only did it cause over-stimulation but the sweating was ungodly.  My total D level was at 31.  I know that it is not a true "vitamin", but actually a hormone.  Is this why the sweating could be occurring?  I don't know how good it is to be taking more than the 100iu I have been taking.  Also, I just purchased a full-spectrum lamp and hope to be getting it soon in hopes that this will help rather than taking the supplement.