Fibromyalgia Community
Autoimmune pancreatiis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Autoimmune pancreatiis

Why is it that whenever I eat I experienced severe abdominal pain. I was diagnose before with autoimmune pancreatitis. What does this mean? Is this part on the ongoing pain I am experiencing? I am already frustrated of Drs telling me everything is normal when is, having so much pain that even runs to the upper back. Can you please help me.
Avatar dr f tn
The common conditions causing abdominal pain going to the upper back are gastritis, gallstones, pancreatitis, appendicitis etc. Acute pancreatitis typically causes severe, unrelenting, steady pain in the upper abdomen and upper back. Autoimmune pancreatitis is a chronic inflammatory condition and usually responds well to corticosteroids. Recurrence rates range from 6% to 30%. If you are doubtful about relapse seeking the opinion of gastroenterologist will be helpful. Do keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and take care!