Best city to live
Sorry if this has been asked before but what's everyone's opinion on the best place to live for fibromyalgia. The cold and damp make me hurt so I'm thinking a desert location. Anyone have an opinion on San Diego or Tuscon? thanks!
Through my varied readings about Fibromyalgia there is one general consensus that is true. No two person's Fibromyalgia condition is the same.

Therefore it isn't too much to out of the realm to believe that where one person's living area could benefit someone another person might find it to be their worst Firbo nightmare.

I personally live in the Mid-Atlantic area where the weather is erratic in every variant there is with the weather. I grew up in Virginia Beach, VA and now Live in Dover, DE. My body does not deal with the heat well due to another condition and humidity escalates the heat. I have no idea if I would do any better in a dryer climate or not, but I seriously doubt Fibro will ever make me part with the love I have for the beaches on the Atlantic. <3
I just read what you said and it made me laugh so hard thanks mindlink I needed that. I've suffered with FM for 18 years .... I found out last week and by the way I'm from the very same environment called the UK. Bridget.
Last year you asked about Diflufenec.... my sister tried it and found she was highly allergic to it.  Ended up in the hospital with inflammation from her mouth to her anus.  
    I prefer the natural remedies route - Essiac, D3, Calcium, Magnesium. Fish oil Omega 3, and Grapeseed.

Wishing you all the best....
I lived in Florida for 44 years and I am SO glad I do not live there now. Heat and humidity just about do me in.  I am so glad I live in a place where we have 3 months of each season and yet, no snow.  I am counting down the days for it to get cooler here.  I am just about at the end of the  summer and I have been in pain all summer long.

I long for winter with it's cooler temps and really low humidity.  

If I was still in Florida, I wouldn't be able to stand it.  Intense heat and humidity 9 months of the year? No thank you.
Nice to hear from you - fellow Arizonian! Thanks for the tips and I do agree that altitudes and barometric pressure play a role in Fibro also. When the monsoons hit, I hurt. When the weather changes from hot to cold, I hurt. We are actually thinking of moving to Oregon. I'm so scared because of all the rain they get there. I'm even afraid to read anymore posts because I'm sure I will see how negative it affects people there. My hope is that since the climate is more consistent and milder than Prescott, Arizona (hot, rain, snow, dry) and the elevation is lower also - maybe it will be a good thing and not a bad thing. I really want to live where I can grow a garden and enjoy the beauty. Prescott, Arizona is a lot prettier than some areas of Arizona, but it still is crappy for trying to grow things.
I am 37 years old. I was diagnosed in 2003 with Fibromyalgia. I have been dealing with the symtoms of Fibro since I was 13 years old. I live in Opelika, Al and I am home bound from the fall until spring. My pain has increased this year. My migraines pain has increased and I have started back have seizures frequently. My son started having Fibromyalgia signs and symptoms last year at the age of 5 years old. He was diagnosed this year with Fibromyalgia by Children's Healthcare of Atl. He is in pain constantly and have no energy to get out of bed. He has allergies and is prone to infections with causes flare-ups. He has missed so many school days already that I will have to home school. I am looking to relocate south-west due to warmer climate. This has really helped me with my decision in locations.  
Lyrica did nothing for me but it did make me gain unwanted weight. After
two month I asked my pain-management physician to take  me off Lyrica.
Both, Lyrica and Cymbalta are pushed very much by big pharma.
I live in Europe now and am on Tapentadol which does a better job, sometimes I have no pain at all, other days like today I am down and out.
This is a wretched disease, you have to surround yourself with friends who understand that sometimes you just have to cancel out on them because you  need to rest. Resting, physical therapy and hydro-gymnastic plus
swimming in a warm pool work best for me. When the physical therapist
eliminated my trigger points I meditate and remove myself to that place I
found many years ago in meditation where there is no pain. I have used
this method now for 3 years and it helps a lot. I am fortunate to have a
wonderful health-care system at my disposal and people who really care.
I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy. Keep up your chin,
it is what it is and we all find our different ways to cope.
Hey please tell me about severe fms.  I feel like I am dying of cancer but am not.  I live I central Illinois and must move but do not know where to?  I feel like I am dying and was diagnosed with fibro but can't let what u posted pass without comment.  Thanks cyn
I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts.  As we ALL know Fibro for one person is never the same for another person.  I'm 46 years old and was diagnosed with Fibro in 1988.  Two scenerios in the last 25 years that I was pain FREE.  The first, oddly enough, when I was pregnant. Second when I visited Arizona.  I have lived my whole life in the Chicagoland area.  Where if you don't like the weather, wait 5 min and it will change.  Pain levels always changing from mild to severe.  I take cymbalta, seems to help mask the pain somewhat, mainly exercise by running to fight off pain, which leads people to think I dont or Cant  really be hurting.  Crazy as it sounds, If i'm going to hurt, I want to be doing somthing that gives me a reason for hurting, NOT just hurting for no reason.   I'm a single parent due to a death of 4 children, my only reason for fighting on, for the last 11 years.  

I'm waiting for my youngest to graduate HS before moving anywhere for relief.  So scared that moving isn't going to help.  Looking at Phoenix or Bullhead City, AZ.  Any suggestions.  Thanks for Listening.
i want to move to MAUI  
Check out the youtube video "Autoimmune Disorders and Immunizations" by a Dr. Tent. Great info

I just stumbled on this site, but I thought I'd throw my two cents.  I have fibromyalgia and I live in Winnipeg, Canada -- it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I find it's not the cold, humidity or heat that make me hurt -- it's the change of season, and the change of weather conditions.  We've been suffering a lot with the cold, and I haven't been too bad. But then we have days where it goes from -28 to +4 (Celsius) in one day and then I really suffer.  I'm looking at moving to Vancouver, because, while I know it's wet and cool, it is always wet and cool.
Hi Fibrocan, be cautious of Vancouver, the weather flips all over the place and the huge heavy weather symptoms flared me up terribly, when we used to go  3X a year on course, I was a sick as a dog. I found Victoria was way more stable and consistent. We went there for 2 weeks and I felt like a million bucks! Long term goal is to go there. I was a different person, I had energy, I walked everywhere! I live in the Okanagan valley and there are days where I am bed ridden, and have been hospitalized. The valley is the worst. In the summer 40 degrees in the day crashing to 10 degrees at night. Reaks havoc with my body. Vancouver Island has the most consistent weather in Canada.
I was diagnosed with Fibro & Neuropathy in 2009 after having to take aggressive treatments (Surgery, Radiation, Herceptin, Hysterectomy and Oral Cancer Inhibitors) for Breast Cancer (IIIA HER2+), however, I believe I have had it since my teenage years since I dealt with bouts of pelvic/hip pain, joint pain,IBS, and miagraines most of my life. It is amazing how easy it is for people to say it is all in your head when you are not the one suffering. Fibro just got worse after all the treatments and I have tried what everyone else has.  However, I have not seen anyone mention the drug Savella which works differently from Lyrica & Cymbalta and it has helped me some.  At least I do not feel like dying.....LOL!  They say the drugs or treatments are worse than the diseases and they are pretty much right. I would recommend any of you to ask your doctors about Savella because I came by it just doing research after all of my Doctors wanted to put me on the two others that are the usual recommended treatments. My Doctor had not heard about it until I mentioned it. I take 50 mg. twice a day and it has helped me with the extreme fatique, chronic joint/pelvic pain and IBS.   I to am looking for another area other than the OHIO Valley......it is the worse area of all! Did I mention I also have allergies???   I have traveled through most of the US and parts of Colorado & Northern CA seems to improve me the most.  I now have Lymphedema in my right arm from the surgery for the BC and am now trying to keep infections & swelling down and once again....many Doctors do not know how to handle this condition either.  We are still our best advocates/researchers/advisors for each other because we live it!!!
I also love in the Ohio Valley area and it is horrible. I came hear because I googled best climate to live in for fibro. Of course I would have to get my family on board...but I really want to move. I am mostly housebound and couch bound...can&#39;t even said bedridden because that would involve being able to walk upstairs to my bed. I know there is no perfect place but I just want to be able to function!!
I seem to think that living in a place that rains a lot may be the answer because there would be less pressure change.  How did you feel living in Portland?
I too wondered this, researched and moved to Cabo San Lucus, Mexico to help my fibro symptoms. The first months, May and June were great. Thats where it ended! I have now been flaring worse than anything i have in the past due to the hurricaine weather off the coast. I cant wait to get back to the states. I have come to realize that every place is going to have its good times and bad times and im going to have to find a different variable to alter unless i want to live in a climate controled bubble.
I have been to Las Vegas 2 times recently and both times got instant relief and both times was in instant pain upon getting off the plane when I returned from Las Vegas back to Pittsburgh.  Try the Las Vegas area.  Weather is very consistent there.  My body loved the dry heat !  I cannot believe how much pain I am in within 5 minutes of stepping foot on Pittsburgh soil !  This is insane !  
I lived 30 minutes for 5 months originally from pittsburgh. PAIN WAS GONE. Came back due to cost back in pain land again. I'd like to know as well
Lived 30 minutes fro San diego not sure y it cut off my sentence
I lived outside LA and about 30 minutes north San diego, originally from pittsburgh. I was there for 5 months I NEVER had a flare up with fibromyalgia. Now I'm back in pittsburgh I pain. Sigh.
I live in Surrey ND about 6 miles from Minot.  ND definitely not good place for fibro.  Have been having lots of pain.  Worse today due to the extreme cold.  
I live in Surrey ND about 6 miles from Minot.  ND definitely not good place for fibro.  Have been having lots of pain.  Worse today due to the extreme cold.  We have a home near Phoenix.  I feel better when there, except for during the summer months.
i wonder.. i had mono when i was a kid…have felt tired ere since..
planning on moving to florida, mid atlantic , space coast.. currently in Vermont and only feel relief in July Aug and Sept..Shut in here for most of the year and depressed in pain and fatigue..had mono as a kid..
My 1st comment..I live in Flagstaff AZ and have had Fibro for 12yrs. Fortunately my doctor diagnosed it early and is very supportive. Cymbalta works for me and seems to reduce nerve pain and give a little help with depression.  Have found alternative methods work best. Take herbal remedies,(skullcap) which I call my witches brew, did 1yr acupuncture..need very experienced Dr for that, chiropractic,and get energy healing/massage every 2wks. Theory is to keep immune system strong and make the body as healthy as possible. Have switched to organic foods,if not available soak in white vinegar/water for 15min (especially berries)  Found that curcumin (Tumeric) helps with swelling/pain, buy from a co called 'stop aging now'..still aging though! Started taking supplement of Monolaurin from Lauricidin and after 3wks I'm feeling better, said to attack any virus you have in the body.  Found  website which has supplement specifically for Fibromyalgia.  Will try it and post results. AZ dry climate is great. 7K ft Flagstaff altitude not so good but find happiness and acceptance vital for progress. Don't give up and research every new information until you find what helps you.  Natural healing takes longer but comes without the side effects or addiction. Whatever works for you.  Hope this helps someone.
I have fibrous, and my husband and I live in Wisconsin. We are moving to NV this may. What you want is a dry heat. I/have been there to visit for a week, and the difference so so great. Within a day or two I feel so much better. So that is what we are doing. If there is humidity, it still causes me pain. I will be glad to get out of this weather, and living with less pain.
Since I was diagnosed with Epstein-Barr at age 17, I struggled with my health and eventually was diagnosed in north shore Chicago with Fibromyalgia at 24.  I am now 45, so it's been a long road, one in which it was hard to believe could ever improve.  We made the move to the San Jose, CA area when I was 29.  For 13 years I made an uphill climb, going from practically bedridden to very active and nearly pain-free.  If you can afford it, go there.  Though I still had pain days, I could get outside and walk in the sunshine nearly every day.  It made a huge difference.  Then, after going on the Body Ecology Diet, I thought I had kicked Fibro's butt.  We moved to Iowa when my husband was offered a great job.  It has not been good for me.  I have since gone backwards and recently had hip arthroscopic surgery on top of it all.  I am still in pain from surgery after 6 months, and I think it's because of muscle tightening with Fibro. I've noticed a very distinct correlation between barometric pressure fluctuations and pain.  When the pressure goes down fast, I have severe muscle pain.  When it goes up, I'm ok for a while, but when it reaches a high point (I haven't discovered what point that is exactly) my joints hurt and pop from air in the joints, which lasts a couple of days even after the pressure descends again.  One thing I did have trouble with in the San Jose area was daily fluctuations in temperature.  The days are almost always perfect.  The nights can get cold, not the kind of cold the northern states get, but the fluctuation was the problem.  I do best when the temperature is in the sweet spot  - 70s and 80s, which is most of the time there.  I want to go back.  We are looking to see if Sacramento might be a good option.  Bless all of you who suffer like me.  It really is a challenges ailment, to be sure.
Are you sure you had mono?  At 17, my doctor diagnosed me with mono, even though the test was negative.  I had a very low white blood cell count that he couldn't explain.  It was the broader Epstein-Barr virus, but not specifically mono.  I did get a little better in the time most mono sufferers do, but I never fully recovered my core energy. You can see it in my eyes and demeanor the rest of my high school and into college years.  I don't think the Epstein-barr went away, at least not for me. Later, at 24, I was finally diagnosed with CFIDS and Fibromyalgia, possibly SAD.  We moved to CA for my health - best move I ever made.  I wish I was still there.  I hope you find help.  My best help was walking in the sunshine, Body Ecology Diet, breathing exercise like BodyFlex and lots of water.  Worked wonders.  I felt human again until I got brave and moved to Iowa. Oops!  Best wishes!
I have fibro as well, and we are trying to find a state that will not make me hurt so bad. So far thanks to My Husbands contracts, we have lived in MI (home) Utah, Colorado, NC, SC and Idaho. and we are now back in MI and Im hurting all the time.
The humidity in the Carolina's was a bit overbearing and I cannot be in A/C with my fibro..  The West was hot and dry and I felt ok there, but still hurt. We are heading to GA .... I think the continual warmth is good, The COLD and damp and winters kill me.
I've got fibro, was diagnosed a couple years ago, im male and live in united kingdom, the change in weather conditions here absolutely make severe pain, its quite horrible with weather changes and damp cold conditions, I've been to spain a couple times in last 2 years and found the warmer climate there helped alot.. is there any research studies of different countries that help with fibro.
thanks paul
Hi harpsong, I was wondering if you ever made the move to the tombstone, southern Arizona area ?
I live in Oklahoma and am in almost constant pain and all the other things that go with fibro. The only time I feel fair here is June to Sept. in the years we have a drought.( The record breaking rain we are having now is killing me.)
I have done a lot of research on the Tombstone, Sierra Vista area. I would love to move, but I am on disability and would have to sell my house here first.
I would really like to here from people that have made the move from Oklahoma ( or any where) and if they did a lot better in Arizona.
The only problem with me, like I said is the cost of living would be more in Arizona ( Oklahoma is about the cheapest place in the U.S. to live) and It would be a big thing for me to move. I have no way to go out first and try it out.
I was thinking of sierra vista Arizona. Tombstone is so small I would have to drive to Sierra vista to shop and I might not be able to afford the transportation. Tombstone also has a higher crime rate per capita than sierra Vista. Anyone who has information on Sierra vista and Tombstone I would really like to here from.
About twenty years ago there was woman from near my home town in Okla. that was in a wheel chair from aurtheritus, she moved to Tombstone AZ. and was able to walk again right away and before long was able to even go back to work. When she would come back to Okla. to visit in winter she would get real bad again.
The cold and high humidity bother me and although I can't take being very hot it's the humidity that really bothers me. The constant changing of the temp. here in Okla. is the main thing that bothers me, that and the humidity.
Thanks, and try to be as well all of us can be. God Bless to all.
Hi oakiegirl,
I live in Southeast Arizona. My husband and I moved out here in 1999 from Michigan (my home state and Canada his). I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue syndrome and Rheumatoid arthritis. I do know ALL about Tombstone and Sierra Vista.
I live just Northeast of both those towns. Sierra Vista is #1. expensive! #2. has colder winters in that area and gets light dustings of snow and gets ICE! yes ice; anytime in the months of Jan. Feb. Mar. The cold weather starts in late November and we have been in Sierra Vista during the month of December before and experienced it snowing! Sierra Vista can get anywhere from 1" to 4" of snow, and if you know about driving on snow, then you know that 1" of is far more dangerous to drive on than 1 foot!!!  Where I live we don't have pinion trees or pine trees, those are up on Mt. Graham which is just fine with us. Also Sierra Vista can get up to 4" of ice which does not melt in an hour or two! We inquired about it when we noticed that A LOT of people who live there have 4 wheel drive vehicles!!!
Tombstone is a dusty dry tiny tourist town! It's an official town and all the shops close their doors between 5pm and 6pm except the local bars. It's full of ghost stories and legends. but that is about all Tombstone has to offer, there are no near by grocery stores or Wal-Mart, Home depot or Lowes. There aren't any major grocery stores in Tombstone either and
there is no hospital or clinic. Get sick or need a doctor or have an emergency and you'll be going to Tucson or Safford. The same applies to Sierra Vista although Sierra Vista does have a Wal-Mart, HD and Lowes it does Not have and official hospital, it only has a clinic, again you would have to go to Safford or Tucson.
Whenever anyone needs an ambulance in any of those area out there it's always a toss-up for the drivers as to which city to take the patient because both towns are just about the same distance by ambulance to Tucson or Safford.. The only exceptions are in the cases of Heart attack or burns, then you will go to Tucson or in the case of a very serious snake bite you'll end up in Phoenix.
Safford is our closest town and it has like I said an official hospital and a brand new Cancer facility because Safford is growing (just not super fast) and we are glad about that! In this area where I live the weather is actually pretty perfect. They call this area where I live " The Best Kept Secret in the Arizona" and here's why; because it's got the best weather all year long.
In this area the desert has an average temperature of 99'F in mid summer which by the way drops when a monsoon arrives to a comfortable temp of 75'F to 80'F. and it will take a week for that temp to get back up to 99'F Our humidity here is very low usually between 10% 25% very little flux. your certainly not going to get a head ach from it.
From research I've done and from 16 years of experience from living in this area the reason the weather is so good is because this area is nestled in a big valley surrounds by 7 mountain ranges which keeps this Gila valley cooler than Any other desert. Bonus! NO smog, NO acid rain and NO tornadoes!!! Gila is pronounced "He La" well that is how we were told to pronounce it. LOL
If you want snow you have it up on the mountains during winter, if you miss grass on your feet you'll find that up on the mountain and at Roper Lake State Park, located just 5 miles south of Safford and yes! a lake in the desert! 300 acres of lake, with camping, fishing, swimming + a natural spring fed hot tub and boating all year long. Roper Lake will never close!
As for Phoenix, summer temps are HOT ALL summer long with their temps being above 100+ everyday and it isn't uncommon for Phoenix to see temps lasts for a week near the 120'F!!! that's every summer. they also get some of the worst dust storms that turn day into night!. Micro burst that rip trees out, all the signs of a tornado to me!,  but people call it a micro burst!  All of the desert will have the occasional dust storms and in our area they are short lived and rain drops may follow, but there is NO flooding in the Safford area at least not that I've ever seen in the past 16 years. Oh the washes Might get 4 or 5 inches of water certainly no more if that! Once the monsoon rain ends here those tiny washes are dried up within an hour or so.
If we ever move it will be to Tucson just because my specialist are there. Not only do I have Fibro since 1993 and Rheumatoid ( hereditary) since 2000, but I also have degenerative disk disease and a lung disease due smoking in the past when I was much, much younger and also because we are in our 60's and 70's
Tucson is Not a rat race. Tucson has several malls for shopping and lots of places to eat out. The city itself is laid back (relaxed) and easy to get around.
Phoenix is very LARGE and Not easy to get around, mainly because of so much traffic! and it will take a long time to get from one end to the other or to wherever your going. For us Phoenix is a rat race, long rush hours and certainly not relaxed! But Phoenix has it all as far as sports, movie stars and big events, just great for someone who's NOT in Any pain:)
Northern Arizona is beautiful BUT! remember what I said about the pine trees and pinion trees? WELL there are tons of them up North. Flag Staff gets an average of 2 to 4 feet of snow ALL winter long and has in fact a world famous ski resort up there. The Grand Canyon is a must see.
The best way to see it is in the middle of summer other wise you will be driving for an hour and a half from Flag Staff to and from on dangerous and icy roads. Going up into the Blue Ridge wilderness during summer is a fantastic get away for camping etc. Some of the lakes up there, like Big Lake is really beautiful to camp at during summer. However you have to keep in mind of those dang pine trees because... where there are pine trees there can and sometimes are serious forest fires!
That was a major draw back for us when we first moved out here. We went up there and toured the entire East and Northeast of Arizona for a year!and while doing so it occurred to us as beautiful as it is, it gets a lot of SNOW! Granted some area only get a few inches but it's cold up there!
As you know snow=pain, thunder storms=pain all because UP there you have the barometric pressure=pain.
We feel blessed to have found this area of Arizona. Fibro-wise where we live today because this area right here is the best kept secret in Arizona and I have NOT had a flare up in  over14 years now! However if you have fibro you probably have chronic fatigue syndrome, they usually go hand in hand. chronic fatigue syndrome makes you feel weak and no energy and sometimes presents with flu like symptoms. Sometimes you may feel so weak you feel like if you don't lay down, you'll faint!
I say move to where the weather has low humidity because the humid temps cause that flux in pressure and your in pain. Arizona isn't for everyone but it will make you feel better, good luck with your search for the perfect weather.

If people with FM can say the weather does not effect them , perhaps they have been misdiagnosed. I can say that because everyone I have ever met with FM has had weather related pain. The barometric pressure changes, before a storm are the worst.Sometimes the pain can be devastating and other times you are stuck in a fibro-fog. I was diagnosed with this horrible disease about 14 years ago,should have left back then but other factors made me stay.That is the way it is and I live in upstate NY, at least for now. This place can be very,very bad for FM sufferers. Tophers
How are you doing now? I felt your pain as I read. This is the first Comment I've posted.
I recommend Naltrexone 4.5-6.0mg 1 hr. before bedtime. It is an RX that must be compounded. It was part of Stanford University, Ca's, study about 4 yrs ago.
I started it about 2 yr. ago. It helped with the leg and body "jumps" and pain up/down arms/fingers. I slept better, too. Silly me, I stopped it several months ago. I will begin asap as the weather is killing me. (cking out weather for fibro is how I came across you.)

I know about pain lingering after surgery...Several years ago, I underwent minor shoulder cuff repair - in bed for 3 months!..

I am so worried as I am now heading towards double jaw surgery and chin reconstruction. I also have sleep apnea and an ear disorder that will also require surgery. I fall often, so I need rotatator cuff and labrum surgery again.
My docs are Supreme. I'm not worried about the surgeries. It's the fibro that I expect will exacerbate things.
As you know, these type of surgeons, aren't skilled in fibro.

What are your recommendations following hip surgery? THANKS!!!! L.
Hi, Awhhh you poor thing. Well I've had Fibro about 20 yrs. I've lived in Ca, moved to AZ. There for a really long time.lol
I think that AZ. has been one of the best places. I'm sure if you were there, u probably feel pretty good. Now, I live in Fl. I have  good adjustment living about 5 yrs.  in each place . However, I also would not use lyrica ...ugh!!
However I take cymbalta... With Celebrex. You can also try  too have less stress which is a trigger.email me any time ...tinkimoon
Gmail. Feel better
I know how you feel.  I wish you had better health care, so do I.  They just don't seem to get it.  I hope you get help with your pain.
Laura

I know it's been awhile since your original post, but I received disability with a different DMSIII label when fibromyalgia didn't work.  You will first need to apply yourself, it will 99% be denied. Then find a disability lawyer, they only can charge $5,600 after you receive your disability. They will send you to a psychologist and she diagnosed me as also having PTSD because I could not work due to pain and have anxiety due to the stress of not working and my car accident. Good luck and hopefully you have already started the process. It takes a long time to receive, but they back pay to the date of the injury in a lump sum amount.
God bless
Do you mean to say Arizona was better than Florida for you?  I've been in Surprise AZ for a year and a half and while it's much better than Indiana, the cooler half of the year has such cold nights and mornings everyday that it makes it hard for me to function... my body hates the fluctuation.  I'm thinking of moving to Clearwater.  Do you think that's a mistake?  Thanks!
Puerto Rico is pretty cheap and it stays around 70 degrees all year long. It's a US territory and everyone there is a US citizen. Enough people know English that you don't need to learn Spanish.

Not to mention, it's part of the Caribbean! Plus it's affordable!
I live in SLC currently. I am in SO much pain with every seasonal change. Winter is the worst. I was considering Texas, thanks for the input.
There are many good comments here about how to relieve some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia; however, we should also be considering what actually causes it to find a cure.  Just from these comments, you can see that it may take years to develop, which suggests years of some type of environmental exposure (hence some doctors suggesting toxic exposure).
I would like you to consider our new environment: microwaves from all the cell phone communications, satellite communications to those towers and possibly even GPS signals. Go to NASA and click on the link to see all the satellites orbiting above you right now.  Many orbits are over the central states. Note that there are less orbits (for security reasons?) over DC? Maybe the coasts and islands are better for the disease for this reason.  Do we REALLY need all these satellites if, in fact, they are causing these new, modern diseases that seem to take a few years to develop?
Thanks for your info on San Juan. How is the medical care in San Juan?
What is the crime rate like. We are considering a move to Fahardo, San Juan.
I have FM and Lupus. I have had FM 25yrs. The back pain has increased.
I live in Colorado where the weather is cold and shifty in the winter.
Hope you are feeling better today.
thanks for the info on South Carolina we were considering as a possible place to live. Oh well back on the search for the best place.
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone has already suggested it, but when I was on vacation in Las Vegas a month ago I felt a million times better. My husband felt better as well. He doesn't have fibro like I do but has back problems and migraines. We live in Utah and the elevation is more than double what it is there. So I'm thinking elevation may very well be a factor as far as pain goes.
Hi, weather and storms have lots to do with FM. I was diagnosed back in 1986 when almost nothing was known about it. I lived in Arkansas and I was better at predicting the weather than the weatherman. The sudden changes in weather made me feel awful and Arkansas has lots of that. I also lived in Iowa, just as bad. I have moved to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. When I first moved here I felt better but lately we have been having those sudden weather changes (not as violent as Iowa and Arkansas) and I have been hurting worse. My sister who has RA and FM is moving to Mesa Az. I have been considering that or Cottonwood up by Flagstaff. Any thoughts? Catlady
I was diagnosed in 2004 at age 28 but can remember suffering as early as age 21.  I lived in the SF Bay Area through age 25 and then moved to Beaverton, OR (next to Portland).  I have been here ever since.  The winter and spring months are rough on me.  From June-October I feel best. The fibro issues were not as great in the Bay Area but the temperature there is not that much warmer than here in Beaverton.  Sacramento worked out way better for me when visiting family there for 3 months.  I felt as though I was nearly cured!  I am considering a move back down to Sacramento area, San Diego, or possibly AZ or HI or NV. Are there any websites with solid research done that explain best places to live and why?
Hello everyone , my is MARIA LISA and i live in Hope Mills, NC (USA) I was diagnosed with FIBROMYALGIA along with osteoarthritis , degenerative bone & disk disease, carpal tunnel , type II diabetes. I have had cortisone shots, pain medicines, naproxen, cymbalta , sulandac, Vicodin, Tylenol products, Tens unit, ice/heat therapy, biofreese cream, voltaren gel , I have lived with the Illness for too long effecting my well being . It hurt from head to toe not being able to hold my coffee cup in my hand to the muscles In . My walk arms hurting me so badly I can not put my clothes on some days?? Depending on the weather I can not wear shoes some days too because of my 30 year plus Bunions on both feet I have had to live with in pain hardly walking correctly for years!! I started water therapy that was to be ongoing & unfortunately I started having infections?? so one night I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy for my FIBROMYALGIA and i came across some comment and testimony of people talking about how DOCTOR IMONAH cured them of different diseases , I Was afraid because i never believed in the Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i was having no hope of been cured from the type of FIBROMYALGIA infections i was having so i decided to contact this said HERBAL DOCTOR IMONAH so as to see if he can relive me from the pains i was going through , so i contacted him and explained my problems to him, and behold he gave me some good hope which was that he have the herbs that cures it very fast. so i begin to wonder if he can really help . But i hold onto my God so i decided to give the herbal DR IMONAH a try for his medicine.  he counseled me and after which we made necessary arrangement and sent a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, i was feeling better doing things i was unable to do before , he told me to go to the hospital for the result, to my greatest surprise, when i got there it was confirmed that i was negative and now am a free person without problem or worries . I pray for you DR.IMONAH  God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and a honest man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any case of sickness or problem please Email him at : (***@****) or call/WhatsApp him with this number(+2349059611568) He will definitely put an end to your problems....contact him now and share your own testimony too

Hi there,
We moved to Pueblo, CO from Gresham, OR. I thought that my fibromyalgia would get better in the dry heat and dry cold with lots of sunshine. It wasn't to bad in the winter despite the cold, but than in march/april more and more afternoon thunderstorms where moving in and my flare-ups were worse and worse. Not only my pain and fatigue, but my depression too were getting worse and worse. I have to take now more medications and still it is worse than it ever has been before. I can't wait to move from here, but I am still looking for the place that is better suited for me.
I was doing some research on FM and sinus pressure related to barometric changes.  I was really just searching for answers.  I have FM and I have had sinus issues my whole life.  I found many studies on the relation of flare ups linked to barometric changes.  There was an online article listing cities in the U.S. with the least barometric variation and most variation.  I can&#39;t remember the article, but I do remember Honolulu, Miami, and San Diego being the top three with the least changes.  Phoenix and New Orleans were also in the top ten.  I live in Houston, so I know Houston was number 13.  There were a couple of other places in Texas that were in the top 20.  I use to live in Denver and it was ranked in the top 10 cities with the most changes in pressure.  I can feel the difference.  I have more energy in Houston, even with the heat. I have lost weight and have more productive days.  I still have flare ups, but not as much.