Fibromyalgia Community
Blurry vision and lack of balance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Blurry vision and lack of balance

I have been experincing blurry vision for a couple of months. And when I am walking or standing still I lose my balance.  I don't feel dizzy.  I was wondering if anyone else has had either of these symptoms. My vision gets real blurry at night. I wear glasses already.  I have noticed lately that when I am in a lengthy conversation I start reversing some of my words or just don't remember what I was talking about. Anyone else having that problem?  

Thanks for listening,
Sharj
Hi'ya, girlfriend,

I have the same problems....it is known among all my friends that I'm a 'bumper', meaning, I bump into stationery objects all the time.  Don't believe me?  I have so many bumps on my skull I lost counts, and my legs are constantly marked with black and blue.  My husband teased me often:"Hey, you're IN a pin ball machine, stop hurting furntrues, store shelves.  They didn't do anything to you!!!".  So funny.

I also have blurred vision..

The most hilarious part of CFIDS/ME is how I reverse word order, or say something so outrageously different that what I meant to say.  I cannot stop laughing at myself.

See? you are in good company here.LOL

Hugs,
Kit
i think isent a comment before,but i get the same thing my fibro is full blown have been told by yet another doctor that its neurological,so why do they send us to rhuematologists?
I have blurry vision too, even with my glasses.  Medicines I take can have allot to do with that, also being tired.  But yes it is a symtom of FMS!  Also switching letters, words & numbers around.  I have bruises that I have no idea how they got there, but I too bump into things mostly side to side.  If you don't learn how to laugh about these things, you'll be crying and hiding from everyone. Warn people ahead of time that they might be witness to these things.

I've also had the blurry vision off and on during the last 15 (?) years or so. When it has happened, it was always in the early evenings and lasted anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. I was happy when I read Dr. David Bell's symptoms of CFIDS and saw that 80% of people with CFS have had blurring of vision.
Oh.. and 30% of us have clumsiness as well.  ; ^ )
I also have the same problem.   lately have been forgeting words,,I often forget how to spell,,I mix words together and feel like im in a cloud all the time.  Fibro fog.  I also lose my balance walking or standing.  
fibro fog is a good description,maybe we are a special breed or even alien,theres one thing that is a BIG must and that is to try and keep your sense of humour,and look forward to your next remission.My last one was 3 years ago,but i did have 2 operations  and all of last winter in the hospital,I even tried that goji juice $200 for 4 bottles,tasted soooooooo bad but i drank them all and it didnt do a thing.So now i am very careful about what i am willing to try now.I play music alot makes me feel good.
lol a fog it is,,,you know I often wonder if we are some kind of aliens and cant adapt to the climate of earth lol.  Im doing pretty good with my pain I take Suboxone and just started that 3 days go transferring from Methadone the Sub is awesome I feel numb to pain (so far) but still feel icky in everyother way,,the anxiety,,the FOG,,funky wording and spelling,,,trying to say something and stuturing cause the words wont come out.  You know it is so nice being able to find others in the same situation,,although I wish nobody had to go through any if this we at least have eachother.  Hope to hear from ya soon,,,,,have a wonderful night and a good morning.
Thank you all for letting me know I was not the only one experincing the blurry vision and lack of balance. Oh and the forgetting things and switching words or numbers.  

I just can't believe how much FMS effects our lives.  I am still learning more each day.  Thanks for all the support you have been giving me.

Sharj
You are not alone!  I have the same problem.  How is your memory because I can't seem to remember anything that I have been told.  Well not anything but things that aren't very important.  I have been accused of never REALLY listening to my friends.  That hurts.... The doctors say that it is call "Brain Fog"
I just hope that you are surrounded by supportive people, it helps to have people that realize why you are the way you are!

queenB is right... you aren't alone. I feel like my I.Q. has dropped at least 50 points after my CFS started getting worse. I have problems with my short term memory, difficulty reading words out loud and sometimes even confusion.