Fibromyalgia Community
Bone pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Bone pain

Could bone pain be related to Fibro or CFS?  I have constant bone pain in my legs, but my doctor says I'm fine.  He said it might just be my CFS (I don't have a Fibro dx), but he seemed to brush it off.
I have bone pains at times too, specially in my thighs.  Pain comes and goes.  Since I have both syndrome, I'm really not sure which one is which in my case.

Thought I share with you.
Hugs,
I also have bone pain, its mostly in my legs.  If I sit with my legs crossed it feels like my shin bone is breaking in half but I have it even when my legs are not crossed.  I know how you feel about your doctor blowing you off.  I feel like I'm talking to a wall sometimes.  I know he hears me, there is just no reaction to what I'm telling him.  

I have bone pain also and I have had FMS RX since 12-2000.  I should mention it to my dr. but right now I don't have ins. or the money for a full bone scan.  I am about the right age to request one and my Mom has osteo? something in her back now. She is 88 so I can see her having some bone loss.   Mention it to your Dr. again and if no response gather info from others like us and bring it to the Dr. for proof of symptom.  Or find a "good" RA doctor.  Good Luck, Sharon
Thank you for your responses!  I'm going back to the doctor sometime this week, so hopefully he will try listening this time.  If not, I might try another doctor.  Thanks.
I don't know exactly what you mean by bone pain.  However if you are of mediteranian jewish (and I think other mediteranian) such as spheradiac and have fatigue or muscular fatigue with the bone pain be sure to rule out gauches syndrome.  You'd see a genetic doctor and it's a simple test.  There's a good organziation with info on their website.  

It's low probablity but worth knowing about.
the conclusion my doctor and i have come to on my bone pain is that it is so unlike other pains that it just feels like bone pain. he claims it's muscles but who knows. obviously (tho not to most drs) the pain is real regardless.

i do have thinning bones, but supposedly not severe enought to be causing this pain
I have had muscle pain for about 12 years---started with headaches--spread everywhere.  We've called it fibro for years, diagnosis on record just says chronic pain.  i have had a lot of bone pain also.  If you pushed on my shin bones, it felt like I had really bad shin splints--but it didn't feel like shin splints do when you walk with them.  i also had pain high in my legs near the hip.  I was about to get a shot for bursitis in my hip, but when the gal started poking around--i told that was not where it hurted--it wasn't bursitis--it was the bone itself that hurt.

I had osteomyelitis in my hip when I was 3, and it can return, so we x-rayed---and it had not returned--so we did nothing.

I had an arthritis flare in my feet and hands.  I complained to the doctor that my bones hurt--this was my shin bones---they just kind of brushed me off and said, oh, that's just you--because they are so used to treating me for chronic pain.

I looked back over some of my lab work from this past couple of years.  My vitamin D had been tested and it had fallen within the "lab range"   The bottom of the range was 30 and my level was only 33---I was deficient in Vit D!!!!   on my own, I started taking 10,000 IUs a day.  I have seen a new doctor who does not rely on "lab ranges"  he relies on levels that you would have for optimal health.  

By the time he tested my Vit D--I had gotten it up to 46.4---and the pain in my shin bones is WAY better.  This doctor says the ideal level for me would be at least 70---so i still have a way to go, but i am amazed at how much the vit D has helped.  

Just something to consider.