Fibromyalgia Community
CFS and Hepatitis C
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CFS and Hepatitis C

I successfully completed a 48 week interferon/ribavirin treatment for hepatitis c. The reason I went to my doctor in the first place was the terrible chronic fatigue and flu like symptoms. After being diagnosed with hep-c and going thru the year of  treatment, the body aches and fatigue continues. Sleep doesn't refresh me and i cant really do normal activities without becoming exausted. I have seen a cardiologist who checked my heart (heart O.K.)  I was sent  to a pulmonary M.D. sleep study no apenia.Mild COPD. but nothing to explain the extreme tiredness. My liver biopsy showed stage 3 liver damage. While the treatment brought my viral load to undetcecable, my AST and ALT enzymes remain slightly elevated. Im wondering if Im going to ever get my energy back. If anybody has A-N-Y information about this plz share it with me. thank
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i also have fibromyalgia, cfs after 11 months of interferon/ribavirin treatment for hep c.  We need more people to come forward to share this information.  Fibro has ruined my life and i am in constant chronic pain.  ***@****
Blank
I had 24 weeks of interferon/ribavirin chemotherapy to get rid of Hepatitis C about 2 and a half years ago. I just found out my haemoglobin levels (normal range 135-180) is still just 137 when it was 160 pre-chemo. My previous GP recently died, and my current GP just told me my haemoglobin at 137 was within normal range. I don't know if he took me seriously when I told him it used to be 160. To me this is one obvious reason I have even less energy now than pre hepatitis treatment.  

I wonder how many other people with both CFS and Hep C feel worse after chemotherapy, and how long if ever for your body chemistry to 'normalise' and haemoglobin levels, etc. to get back to what they were?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...