Aa
A
A
Close
CFS and Novasure Endometrial Ablation Post-op recovery
Has anyone had an Endometrial Ablation procedure for chronic bleeding?  I had this done 3 months ago and have had severe cramping since the procedure in September.  My dr did an ultrasound to make sure that I didn't have a perforated uterus which I did not. I am thinking that they had to dilate me to a huge extent b/c my uterus and uterine cavity are extremely small in order to procede with the procedure.  Ever since then I have experienced major cramping trailing from the top of my hip bones circling around the hips underneath my bottom in a 360 degree circle. Could the pain be from the dilating of the uterine cavity?  I am still having to take pain meds (1/2 hydrocodone) at night or after walking on the treadmill due to the pain from the procedure.  I have had CFS for over 20 years and I know that any operation or procedure produces great pain for my body.  However, this procedure was only supposed to be a 3 week post-op recovery.  Any help would be appreciated.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
358699 tn?1297650042
I personally had this procedure done a few years ago.  I had some minimal discomfort for probably a week or so, and a little of spotting.  But after that, no other problems. It was great to no longer have a cycle but it only lasted about 9 months and returned.  The bleeding is less but I have a great deal of cycle pain because I also have endometriosis.  The only cure is a hysterectomy or menopause which I'm already in a perimenopause age.  I remember my doc telling me that they heat the balloon and expand the uterine cavity. And I do remember him telling me a complication could be a perforated uterus. Luckily mine went well.  These symptoms do not at all seem to be normal for that procedure. I have fibromyalgia too so I know someone these type of disorders can exaggerated pain, but it should not be to that extent. I hope the did not keep that heated balloon inside too long. There is a small time frame because it could permanently burn your tissue past what is it was designed to do. Check with possibly another OB/GYN to get another opinion.  I'll keep you in my prayers.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources