Fibromyalgia Community
CFS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

CFS

So I have been battling CFS symptoms for the past 2 years.  I came down with a severe viral infection in 2008 and than some form of internal yeast infection.  Its very strange because my symptoms are based on the type of food I eat or strenuos exercise.  These following food have given me fatigue symptom sometimes immediately or a day after.
sugar, yeast related food, fermented food,  coffee, alcohol, and soy sauce.  can this be CFS or just yeast infection?  any treatments, herbs, vitamins or other therapy might help me with these symptoms?  very frustrated.

This all sounds very typical of CFS and Fibro!

I am on a ton of vitamins and natural supplements hoping to battle my CFS and Fibro. So far I've noticed a huge improvement with the yeast problem by adding Olive Leaf Extract to my regimine.  

I have absolutely no affiliation with this person or her products... BUT... when I read her website, it was a huge light bulb moment for me! http://www.fms-help.com/  She has a lot of great information and there are tons of web sites that promote the benefits of Olive Leaf Extract.... suprisingly these capsules are very inexpensive and I have nothing but great things to say about them!

Best of luck to you!
My experience and reading leads me to believe that higher tendency towards easy triggers for candida or yeast is a part of CFS/Fibro.  It can be unbelievable how much easier it is to get.  Taking antibiotics, lack of genital ventilation or heavy perperation & heat, eating more sugars (or carbs that easily convert to sugar and don't forget sodas, sweet tea etc), sexual activity, and yeasty foods all contribute to yeast overrun.  It can be so bad that your whole body is suffering from high volumes of yeast as is seen through yeast building up through the whole gastric-intestinal system, even resulting in thrush of the mouth. You can wake up in the morning with irritation at the corners of your mouth due to yeast finding its way through your saliva.  If you can, taking a Diflucan pill takes care of yeast systemically rather than just combatting it vaginally.  Or you can take oral Nystatsin liquid or keep a Nystatsin lozenge. (Dont think I spelled these right) The lozenge helps kill any candida in the mouth and then goes through your system to help along the way.  It is absorbed in the intestines and therefore has an affect on the genital area.  Naturally, one should discuss with a doctor. All are by Rx. I've had success with hygiene, ventalation and heat avoidance, laying off sweets & carbs - not easy for me, eating yogurt with active cultures and taking a pro-biotic supplement to promote intestinal health.