Fibromyalgia Community
COULD IT BE MS?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

COULD IT BE MS?

COULD IT BE MS?  I HAD LYME DISEASE ABOUT 7 YRS AGO. VERY HIGH FEVERS AND THEN A 4 YR BATTLE WITH ABOUT 30 DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS. DURING THIS BATTLE I WAS DIANOGSED W/ MS. LEFT MY NUROGOLIST AND WENT TO A MS CLINIC AT A HOSPITAL. THEY EXAMINED ME AND LOOKED AT MY MRIs AND SAID YOU DON'T HAVE MS. I RAN WITH IT. FIANLLY GOT TREATED FOR LYMES AND GOT MOST OF MY HEALTH BACK. STILL HAVE SOME HERAT, JOINT AND BRAIN ISSUES. 2 MONTHS AGO THE MS SYMTOPMS CAME BACK. EYE TWICHING, BACK AND NECK SPASMS. NUMBNESS ON MY TOUGE AND MOTUH. DISNESSES LOSS OF BALANCE. SEVER FATIGUE. EYE FLOATERS. NUMBNESS IN BOTH ARMS. BRIEF NUMBESS IN MY LEGS. NUMBESS IN RIGHT FOOT. HEEL PAIN. PROBLEM IS I LOST MY JOB OF 20 YRS. GOT A NEW JOB LOST MY MEDICAL THERE AFTER 2 MONTHS. FOUND A DOCOTR WHO IS TREATING ME W/ PREDINSONE TO SEE IF IT SUBSIDES. CANT AFFORD NEW MRIs. WELL THAT IS MY STORY SAD BUT TRUE. ANY THOUGHTS? THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME AND HELP.
Hi Lady. My experience with Lymes is that you never really get rid of it. I'm glad you had success initially getting the disease under control but it and it's coinfections (mycoplasma, Babesia, EBV, ehrlichia, etc.) all have to be found and ALL have to be treated, maybe again years later.
When I read you were given Prednisone I cringed! This is an immunosuppressant. If it is the Lymes and coinfections acting up again, suppressing your immune system will only allow the Lymes to get stronger!!
MS is often diagnosed by Brain MRI. The white spots on the MRI (lesions) in MS and the spots from Lymes look exactly alike. It is the amount of the spots that matter. In severe Lymes, the spots can number close to MS amounts.
Lymes, MS, Fibromyalgia, RA, etc. have overlapping symptoms that make each illness mimic the other.
Retest for Lymes AND coinfections at a credited lab such as IGENIX in Palo Alto, Cali.
Hang in there. Lymes treatment can take years. I'm at the end of my first year of antibiotic treatment and far from done.
HERE WE GO AGAIN. LYMES WAS ALWAYS THE WHO DONE IT WITH ME. HAD SO MANY SCARY DIANOSIS FOR 4 YRS TILL FINALLY GOT TREATED FOR LYMES. I FEEL FOR YOU. YOU COULD BE LIKE ME YEARS FROM NOW. STILL LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER. LEFT WITH HEART  AND NEURO PROBLEMS. WHEN I STARTED TO BECOME SICK AGAIN (ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO) I WENT TO THE ER. THEY WOULD ONLY DO A CT SCAN NO HELP W/ MS. IF YOU DON'T HAVER INSURANCE YOUR DOOMED. THEY DID A LYMES TEST BUT THIS CAME BACK NEG. I TESTED NEG 4 TIMES BEFORE MY FISRT POSTIVE. THE THING IS MY SYMPTOMS IS STRICKLEY MS LIKE THIS TIME. NO FEVERS. NONE OF THE OTHER STRANGE SYMPTOMS. THE ER DOC SAID MS OR NEURO LYMES. I TOLD MY DOCTOR LAST WEEK ABOUT THE TABOO OF STEROIDS AND LYMES AND HE REALLY DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS. I HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE. WITHOUT THE INSURANCE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEE IF THIS IS LYMES NEURO OR MS.  GOT A HEAD COLD ON THE STEROIDS AND STARTED TO BURN A FEVER. BOOM THE SYMPTOMS STARTED TO GET STRONG. STARTED AMOXICILLION AND IT WAS WEIRD IF I DIND'NT KNOW ANY BETTER I WOULD SWEAR I WAS HERXING. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW WHEN I FIRST STARTED TO GET MS SYMPTOMS I STARTED AN ANTIBOTIC (antibiotic) AND NOTING. NO HERXING. ZILCH. THIS IS WHAT LEAD ME TO THE ER FOR MS SYMPTOMS.  IT IS HARD TO BELEIVE THAT LYMES CAN COME BACK AFTER SEVERAL YRS AND MASK AS MS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RESPONE. HANG IN THERE. BE STONG.