Can I see a Neurologist for CFS?
I have been struggling with horrible Fatigue, muscle pain, joint pain, memory loss, forgetfulness, loss of concentration, dizziness, for almost a year now. I have had MRI's and every blood test you could imagine. My primary doctor basically told me " I think you're just depressed" but sent me to a neurologist to rule out any other neurological problem. He ran some tests and did an EMG. They came back fine and HE told me I have CFS. How come my primary doctor never even mentioned CFS?? I didn't know too much about it but after doing some research it makes sense. He started me on Cymbalta and took me off work for the next few weeks to see if it helps. I am about to lose my job and my primary doctor says that she can't take me off of work, because she has " No real reason". WTF? I can barely wake up before 11am , no matter how early I go to bed at night. I can't remember ANYTHING for concentrate on ANYTHING, and I am scared to even drive a car. I start to nod off at the wheel, I forget where I'm going, I accidentally miss stop signs... scary stuff. I don't want to see my primary anymore... cuz obviously she doesnt unerstand how serious this is. She doesnt seem to care, at all.

My questions is.. can I just keep seeing the Neuro from here on out? Do Neuro's treat CFS? He seemed to really care about my situation and also seemed very knowledgable... I really don't wanna go back to the B**** who doesn't give a crap about me.
Hello and welcome,
Have you asked your neurologist if he would treat your CFS longer term? If he is willing, and he might be, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be a good fit. Have you seen a rheumatologist or a pain management doctor? They might be more helpful than your PCP if you are unable to get anywhere with the neurologist. Good Luck.
-Dusty
definitely no point staying with the current dr. they might be good in other areas but cfs is serious.
maybe the neuro can refer you to a dr/ cfs specialist.
if you reckon the cymbalta is working - great; if it isn't, get off it.
if you can afford to cut back on work, do this. i know it's not practical to do this. ask yourself though, 'if i could afford to halve my job, would i?'
if your body answers 'yes', then it indicates you could do with the time to recover. if you have cfs it's a long-term deal for sure; it does NOT improve with overload of any sort
good luck...
If your Doctor refuses to take you seriously, then you need a new primary.  I would ask the neuro if you can continue to see him for your CFS or can he refer you to someone who can be responsible for the CFS, then switch to a new primary for your regular medical care.