Fibromyalgia Community
Can shingles on upper back cause swollen lymph nodes in groin??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hi, i'm a 25 year old male. About two weeks ago i got told by my doctor i had shingles and was prescribed acyclovir. I already has the rash by the time i went to docs. Finished my course of acyclovir and the rash has nearly went away but i now have swollen lymph nodes in my groin. Is this linked? I had tested for hiv at 14 weeks after exposure and was negative. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and taking sulfasalazine for this. I would appreciate any feedback on this as i'm really panicking and struggling to cope with daily life through worrying. I got a blood test taken 2 days ago at doctors and i'm waiting for results. If anyone could help me on this matter please do. Thank you.
You may have to look deeper into the possibility that sulfalazine could be
compromising your immune system, making you more susceptible to
infections.
Are you  tested on a regular basis for sulfapyridine (a sulfalazine metabolite and also a drug no longer prescribed for humans) levels in the blood?
This is suspect of being the main cause of the sulfalazine unwanted side effects.

Best wishes.
Niko