Fibromyalgia Community
Can this be fibromyalgia/Costochondritis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I have constant head pressure and chest tightness 24/7/365 atleast for the last 15 years.

I went to Cardiologist, and Gastroenterologist but they were clueless. They conducted tests like 24 hr Holter Monitor test, Upper Endoscopy, Gastric Motility Disorder test, and Abdominal Ultrasound but all the tests were normal. I also used medication for stress/anxiety but it didn't give any relief.

Eating/drinking and exercise worsen the symptoms.

Does anybody experience head pressure and chest tightness together all the time?

Can this be fibromyalgia?

Please help.
Have you gone to a neurologist?  Mine spicificly asked me if I felt like I had a band around my chest.  If not please look into it.
I agree with tia.  You should seek a neurologist and have an MRI to rule out other issues that can cause these symptoms.  

If you review our Health Pages (Newly Diagnosed) you will see references to other medical conditions that should be considered, prior to a dx of FM.  

Hope you feel better soon.
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your support and suggestions.

I went to see neurologist last Monday and he said that my symptoms could be happening because of decreased blood flow to my brain. He asked me to try klonopin .5 mg each night. I have tried it for 5 days and the good news is that my symptoms are almost disappearing. Of course it is still need to be investigated the cause of decreased blood flow to the brain but for time being I have so much relief. I am able to eat normally. I am free from chest tightness and head pressure.  Hope this may help anyone out there suffering with the same problem.
I'm so happy to hear you are getting some relief.  Have you ever had problems with seizures?  I'm not sure why he prescribed the Klonopin since it is used to primarily treat convulsions...but i'm glad to know it's working and pray they can find out what is causing this to happen.  

Thank you for letting us know about your progress.  Continue getting well and take care of yoursefl.
Thank you. I never had seizures. I don't know why this is working but I am glad that it is. One more thing that helps is my diet. Reducing salty, hot & spicy food really helps.
Hi pleonis -

Ahhhh, you sound like me in that respect, lol.  I can not tolerate anything that is hot or too spicy.  It gives me the worst GERD that can be imagined.  

I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better.  Always good news!!!  Enjoy your weekend.
I have had the same symptoms for 8 years.  I can barely stand to wear a loose bra my rib cage hurts so bad.  I am in misery 24/7.  I had a stent put in my heart 1.5 years ago and had shingles 6 years ago.  I can't lift anything heavy or my rib cage hurts so bad it makes me nauseated.  No one has been able to help me.  Heart doctor, regular GP, Gastro guy.  No one know why I have such terrible pain.