Fibromyalgia Community
Can u wear ur bra?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Can u wear ur bra?

Along with 20 years of Fibro , and MS a big problem is wearing a bra! It squeezes me so tight in my ribcage i find it challenging to stay dressed any longer than a trip to a doc and back. My bras are sized to be big and not to squeeze me but, alas, they do.
Is ther any one out there sharing this prob and anyone with suggestions. Thanks for reading my post.  Nicky
Tags: fibro, MS "hug"
I don't know of a solution apart from not wearing one! I am a "larger" lady so not wearing a bra is not really an option. I do wear a sports type bra occasionally if I am having a problem on a particular day. I tend to wear a bra for going out and the moment I get back home it's off! I try to wear non wired bras too as the wire really hurts some days. Sorry I cannot be more helpful but if you find a solution let me know!
Hi Nicky and Steepdene.

I'm a guy and what can I say, but... I did reply last year to a similar question.
No, I'm a masculine heterosexual male and definitely not into cross-dressing,  just in case....
.
If you want to read what others have said on this subject, click the search/magnifying glass icon (above and to the left on this page) and type in bra. It's the second thread I think.

Also, one more thing I should add is that probably low thyroid function or low adrenal function, would make it worse for most. These underlying conditions are common in FMS, yet, not investigated enough by conventional doctors.

Cheers!

Niko
Niko-thanks for sharing the idea to use the search icon. I typed in bra and found numerous posts, many people having thoracic squeezes from various things.
I am pretty new to this site and appreciate how helpful people are.
Hope u r having a good day.  Nicky
Sorry to hear u suffer from what I call "my bra is trying to kill me".  I am also large busted and think without a bra I look sloppy, fat etc. But this prob is not going away so I just have to deal. Thanks for writing! Nicky