Fibromyalgia Community
Celebrities Diagnosed With CFIDS/ME
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Celebrities Diagnosed With CFIDS/ME

Cher also has said publicly that she has CFS caused by chronic EBV. I know she goes to Germany for her treatments.

Celebrities who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are legendary film director Blake Edwards; musicians Randy Newman, Keith Jarrett and Dennis DeYoung; actors Morgan Fairchild, James Garner, Alana Stewart and Kathy Crosby; and philsopher Ken Wilbur. And of course, author Laura Hillenbrand and soccer player, Michelle Akers.

source: CFIDS Association --- booklet "Defining Moments - 20 Years of Making CFS History" --- page 42

7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
620923_tn?1416285879
Hey PG, this is nice to know, it makes u wonder y there isn't more awareness out there, esp with the drs!!
Once u have celebs dx, u will get more notice and more $ toward research!!

Thanks for posting this!
Blank
523927_tn?1257022304
Didn't Leann Rimes battle chronic EBV or did she just have a bout of mono?
Blank

I thought I would pop this up because some of the homeopathic formulas that I swear have helped me so much, have all come from Germany. I'm thinking that this is why Cher goes to Germany for her EBV/CFS treatments and also why Farah Fawcett is being treated for cancer there as well.

Blank
Another famous person diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (AKA: Myalgic Encephaloyelitis)

Road ahead has its perils for Casey Stoner

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article6855814.ece

Blank
more celebrities diagnosed with CFS:

Andrea Jaeger (tennis star)

Peter Marshall (the former world No 2 squash player)

Andy Hunt (the former Newcastle United, West Bromwich Albion and Charlton Athletic striker)

source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article6855814.ece
Blank
Another medicine you can get in Germany (where I am based) that is generally not available in the US is Isoprinosine. This is an antiviral that is specially designed to treat Epstein-Barr. I took it for a few months and it managed to get my levels back to normal. It's otherwise known as Immunovir and, if I remember rightly, the active ingredient is inosine pranobex.
Blank

Fascinating information... thank you !
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949