Fibromyalgia Community
Celexa for Fibromyalgia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Celexa for Fibromyalgia

Has anyone tried Celexa or any other anti-depressants for their Fibromyalgia? I was told it was approved this past June, of 2008, for the "treatment" of Fibromyalgia. If so, did it help any?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I took Celexa for quit a while for fibro and other conditions. I think it helped a lot. My dr perscribed it for pain, not for depression. That should be noted in dr's chart notes, so you don't get labeled with depression. Good luck, hope it helps you.
Blank
I am not sure that that drug is, but I live in Australia and have had severe firbromyalgia since 2000 and it got so bad that my Rheumatologist labelled me a "functional cripple" and i was put on a disabiltiy pension last year. I have tried a HOST of drugs, including a few anti depressants, but maybe in Australia they are under a different name. I can say though that none of the medications, including the antidepressants helped me, but i had bad side effects to any antdepressants. He gave me the table for pain, not depression, but the dose I needed to take was so high it was driving me crazy with side effects and did not help my pain at all.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank