Fibromyalgia Community
Celexa for fibro??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Celexa for fibro??

I have taken Lyrica for 3 yrs now, but I saw a Rheumy 2day that suggested that I switch to Celexa. Unsure what 2 do?? Anybody here take Celexa?  I was told it helps Fibro Pain & also Anxiety & Fatigue too...that would be Great! but I am still hesitant to try the switch.    ANY info or help learnin' more about this drug would be Greatly Apprecited!      Brandy
Hi. I too have fibro and CFS, diagnosed a few months ago. I have never read or heard of anyone taking celexa for this. The newest drug that is in the ssri and snri category is Savella. I just started about 10 days ago. Pain is much improved already, however, I have always had insomnia and that is getting worse. Trying to stick it out for another two weeks or so and see if it gets better. Cymbalta is the other one that I have read is helpful to some. I have also tried antiseizure drugs such as Lyrica and Gabapentin. No luck with either but have read some people are helped. Just be careful and do your research before starting any new treatment. I find the doctors are often not that informed with drugs. Ask your pharmasist or research online. Good luck to you.
Hi.....that is what I am tryin' to do..Research & see if anybody has had any experience with this drug. I am not sure what to do?? To be honest the part that makes Me the most interested is Anxiety relief and Fatigue relief..those would both be Nice!! I never had the anxiety part until the past few months.....I am now experiencing that & the hypersensitivity to loud noise & those type symptoms!  Just a new step in my journey I guess! Well I wish U the best of luck with ur pain battle....it will always be a daily one for Us!!   Best Wishes, Brandy
I was diagnosed with fibro a year ago but have had it for 12 years, and have been on celexa for yearS, it didnt help one thing! I switched to Cymbalta 60mg 4 weeks ago and have much less fatigue and anxiety. They are in the same family of anti-depressants SSRI which increase "feel good" hormones in your body, but i feel cymbalta works much better!! Im hoping to also start Lyrica as well. Let me know if you have any questions.
All the Med r the same more or less they help with depression and nerve pain.  And for u ear and the load sounds. Maybe ur jaw is out of line.  R u haven any face pain? U might have tmj. But to us to have nerve pain something have to be on the nerve to cause the pain maybe ur back or ur neck