Fibromyalgia Community
Change in Jobs - and other things
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Change in Jobs - and other things

I haven't been on much between work, the holidays and life in general.  Some days are horrible and some are alright.  Mostly having the roughest time of getting around some days.  I posted a few weeks back about things, and today I started my new position with my current company.  Its my first day but I'm hoping the lack of stress improves things for me dramatically.  They do say that FM has some relation to stress after all.

I've found some relief, and my doctor said that she wasn't happy about giving it to me.. but Vicodine (Hydrocodone).  I assume that like other pain medications it will not be long when I will need more and more doses and I'm trying to avoid that because of aside from the obvious addiction danger but also because we are trying for another baby.  (Yeah silly I guess, in some perspective, but my family just isn't complete right now as it is.)  I am currently in the market for a new doctor here in Michigan.

Anyhow, wanted to stop in and let everyone know I'm still alive.  Still working full time and supporting the family (I'm really nervous that I won't do well enough in this new job) but the pay cut of 3k was more than worth the lack of BS and stress.  At least I hope I wasn't wrong on that choice.