Fibromyalgia Community
Chronic pain. What do I do,any suggestions?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic pain. What do I do,any suggestions?

Mikey5170  

I have been hurting for many years and never knew what it was..I had been seeing the same doctor since 1994,so it took me many years to get to where I was with pain meds with him. In 2010 I was diagnosed with systemic lupus,and fibromyalgia. My doctor finally moved me up to Oxy because it didn't contain the Tylenol. I am on methotrexate also so I have to worry about that destroying my liver along with the lupus. Don't need any extra help from Tylenol. Well last July my dr. Had to take me off Oxy and put me on tramadol because a bunch of teenagers at the local high school got ahold of there parents meds and had a lot of overdosing..nothing fatal. Tramadol does not work on my joint pain and muscle pain. Why do I have to suffer because other people can't keep their meds locked up!! I switched doctors then, and now this new doctor doesn't believe I have lupus so he won't give me anything but tramadol,which I have been telling him it ISN'T working. I am at my wits end. I have all documentation to prove my lupus but he just doesn't care. What do I do? I don't want to go to another doctor. I am scared they will think I am doctor shopping,that is the last thing I need. Any suggestions??
1530171_tn?1362547225
Hey Mikey,
I do sympathise with you, however, wouldn't it be better if you were not as depended on doctors or meds?
There are natural alternatives to just about every chemical medication.

And doctors are not Gods.
We all need to keep this in proper perspective.
They just treat patients as they were taught, with a few of them going slightly outside the medical box of thinking, but not enough in my opinion.

The Greatest Power for Healing Comes from Within.
                                                 --- Hippocrates

Do a search here under IWILLDOTHIS for some natural approaches.
If you need any details post again or pm me any time.

Cheers!
Niko
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949