Fibromyalgia Community
Constant tingling, burning, pinching, itchy/irritable feelings in legs/...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Constant tingling, burning, pinching, itchy/irritable feelings in legs/arms/back... is it Fibromyalgia??

Hi there,

For the last 18 months I have been experiencing symptoms that have worried me. It started with an itchy/red penis which I thought was thrush from sex with my ex-girlfriend (she complained a lot of itching in her vagina). We broke up soon after, and I continued experiencing the itching/redness. I thought I had got rid of the problem with creams, however mild symptoms persisted, and what followed was tingling/burning in the both legs & testicles. No real pain, or rashes of those areas, but irritating burning/tingling feelings. I tried to ignore it, but it continued. A dull ache was then present occasionally in the testicles, but not pain that was strong enough to seek urgent attention. I then got occasional muscle twitching in legs arms and back throughout the day, with the burning/tingling causing me to scratch a lot because of the itchy/pinching sensation. It has now spread to the arms and back, and is like a constant pinching & tingling feeling, like pins & needles. Again I will say there is no pain or skin problems like excema or rashes, it is making me think it must be a neurological problem. Symptoms of Fibromalgia perhaps? I had blood tests for Vitamin B & D deficiency, all results came back negative.

Can anyone give any advice on this? I'm going to see a Neurologist in mid April for the first time, and am hoping that will bring something up in the tests. In the meantime, does anyone know any treatment/over the counter medicines that can help with these sort of sypmtoms?