Fibromyalgia Community
Cost of Lyrica

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Cost of Lyrica

How do you pay for Lyrica?, I take one 75 MG in a.m and one 75mg at noon and two 75mg's at bedtime for treatment of FMS and it's costing me $384 a month.
Tags: lryrica, FMS
Pfizer has a patient assistance program that may help you.  Go to pfizerhelpfulanswers.com and you can search to see what they may have available.

You may also want to check with your local social services department - you may qualify for some assistance through them since your medical costs are so high.

Best of luck!
I have done all the required through Pfizer and they alll say I make to much, which I am on disability and I make $40 over minimum allowed. They said that was over, thats it. Have you tried maybe Canada locations on the web?
I'm sorry you've hit a dead end with Pfizer.

If you're talking about possibly purchasing your meds via the internet from a Canadian source, I would definitely NOT recommend it.  Not only do you not know exactly what you may be receiving, it is illegal.  Even though Lyrica is not a narcotic.

Have you checked with your social services department to see if you can qualify for state medical assistance through them?

How long have you been on disability?  If it's been two years, you qualify for Medicare and can get the Medicare part D (presription coverage).  Depending on your income, you may also qualify for their "extra help" program where you do not have to pay a yearly deductible and they also pay an additional portion of your medications.  I, myself, have Medicare along with the part D, receive the extra help program and pay $2.50 for generic prescriptions and $6.30 for brand name ones.

I wish I had more helpful information for you, but please do check into both the Medicare and social services.
Thanks for responding, I have checked with state but my disability is over $100 as minimum input. Also I had Part D for a year but Lyrica is not covered and there isn't a generic until after April 2013 when patent expires for Pfizer.

I have been on SSDI and Medicare for 8 years and my condition keeps getting worse as the weeks go by.  
I'm sending you a private message, as I have some information on a Part D plan that might help.  Please check your inbox here on medhelp - it should be there in a few minutes.
My neurologist seemed to have lots of samples when I was on it so I never had to pay for it. Unfortunately it didn't work for me but if you haven't asked your specialist, maybe try your primary care for samples. Hope this helps