Fibromyalgia Community
Could I have it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Could I have it?

Hello everyone :) I'm 23 and have lived with anxiety and depression almost all my life. I've been having lots of muscle spasms and they feel tight. I'm constantly tired with so much fatigue. I can barely get up in the mornings. Certains spots in my body have really bad pain or tenderness and sometimes I have numb spots. My joints ache and I always feel exhausted. My body feels like a 80 year old women. On my left thigh two weeks ago it hurt so bad I couldn't even put pants on. Can someone tell me what they think and what test can be done to find out so I can ask my doctor? thank you
Hi DayDreamingXoXo.

In a way you wish your daydreaming would take you somewhere else for real, a place where there's no depression, no pain, no suffering.

You know that it's possible to an extend- and i don't intend to offer you false hope- to go to this place.

How? Your physical suffering has psychological/emotional origins, something like PTSD, that has not been addressed.
Events from our past, blocked emotions have a physical manifestation.

In order to treat your physical pain you first need to heal.
I urge you to listen to Deborah King on HayHouse Radio (free online inspirational radio station) She's a Spiritual Teacher & Energy Healing Guide. and I met her in person in Toronto 2 years ago in a workshop.

Having overcome an abusive childhood , alcohol & drug addiction and later on cancer, she has become a great role model and guide for anyone who faces serious challenges in life.

There are many things that you can do, but please start with this simple suggestion for now.

Please post again or message me directly with your comments or questions that you may have.
I will then offer you some more ideas and suggestions to look into . OK?

Love and Light
Niko

I had these symptoms due to magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is called the anti anxiety mineral after all!  Magnesium is essential to relax the muscles so anything from muscle spasms to muscle tightness to muscle pain are possible symptoms. And magnesium is essential for ATP (energy).  This is the deficiency that makes you feel like an 80 year old for sure. My doctor thought I had fibromyalgia but I had a severe magnesium deficiency.

Magnesium is one of the many reasons for depression. My main reason for depression and fatigue however was due to vitamin B12 malabsorption.

Since only 1% of magnesium is in the blood, a deficiency may be missed.  The easily way to see if your symptoms improve is to start trying chelated magnesium supplements. I noted improvements in the first week. By three months I was free of my 50 + symptoms.  Check with your doctor first before supplementing if you have kidney problems.

Very well stated Red_Star; you actually spared me from having to mention this in my follow-up post (among a few other things which I still intend to suggest after DayDreamingXoXo's reply).

I personally have been doing Transdermal magnesium chloride treatments twice weekly for maintenance -called "magnesium oil" b/c of its greasy but wonderful feel on the skin-and it has been simply "God-sent" !
Let me know if you need further details.

Love & Light
Niko
Thanks. :)  Yes i have transdermal magnesium oil as well.
   A neurologist can tell you if you have Fibromyalgia.  However, the trigger/tender points are on both sides of the body including elbows, knees, ankles, buttocks, shoulders....
     Ask your doctor for a referral or make an appt. with a neurologist.   Hope you feel better soon.  I find that Essiac capsules work for me. (dx. with Fibro'  over 10 years ago)
New Fibromyalgia Criteria since 2010
In April of 2010, a group of rheumatologists acting on behalf of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) published new preliminary criteria on how doctors should diagnose fibromyalgia. There are pros and cons of these new criteria. Tender points have been tossed out the window and they have been replaced with a symptom checklist.
Please check the fibromyalgia network website for more details.

Fibromyalgia does not fall  within the scope of neurology-even if there may be some neurological symptoms present in some patients- so a rheumatologist would be the right specialist to see to rule out Fibromyalgia.
Having said this, since there's no medical cure for Fibromyalgia and in the absence of any dx, I suggested to DayDreamingXoXo in my original reply to look into the  underlying  emotional/mental history , possibly linked to the etiology of her physical issues.

Love & Light
Niko