Could fibromyalgia be related to pain and burning of the mouth?
I've had fibromyalgia for about a year and I just recently realized the timeline for when that started and pain and burning in my mouth.  Can FM cause pain in the mouth?  I've already seen my dentist and he just suggested dry mouth and to use mouthwash which was no help.  I wanted to see my family doctor soon but cannot get appointment until January.  My last appointment with rheumatologist was just last week but I didn't put these two together until 2 days ago.  So before I call them back, does anyone here know if this mouth pain and FM be related, and if so, what can I do about it?  The med for the FM has finally started to help with the pain but nothing for my mouth pain.  Thanks.
It could be the other way around.
The mouth issues may contribute to Fibro.
The oral cavity is the prefect environment for bacteria and toxins to live, accumulate and grow. Many infections start from there and slowly find their way into the body.
Consider looking into Oil Pulling with virgin coconut oil.
It involves using -before anything else first thing in the morning- about 1 teaspoon of oil and swishing with it vigorously
(just like mouth wash) for about 15-20 minutes and then spitting it out and rinsing very well.  You may use other oils too, but I have been using coconut oil for years and you will be amazed with the results!
My dentist thought I was "seeing" another dentist, following a few months of O.P treatments, lol!
My dental / oral hygiene and health was indeed impressive!
This a very old Ayuverdic Medicine remedy, that is making a strong come-back.

Best wishes.
Niko

I too have fibro or what the doctors think is fibro. I have had multiply episodes with mouth pain.  It's usually related to spicy foods or even tooth paste.  It burns.  Even gum. So as a result I start eating things that aren't good for me, such as ice cream because it feels good.  I'm sorry to say mine has come and go.  I am new to this disease and am not very good at monitoring what I eat, drink , do in correlation to how I feel. I know I have to get better at this and maybe I will come up with more answers. I know I haven't given you any answers here but at least you know you're not crazy and maybe more people will read the posts and realize these things are related.  good luck.  What kind of meds do the docs have you on that are helping?