Fibromyalgia Community
Cymbalta =Insomnia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Cymbalta =Insomnia

I have Fibro and was taking cymbalta I coulod not sleep, like being on uppers all the time, my boss thought I haD adhd, I quit taking it, pain is mosre but I can sleep Did/does anyone elswe have these same side effects?
rdj1962
If you did have ADHD the Cymbalta probably would have helped with those symptoms, lol.

I didn't have this when I took Cymbalta, but did with Effexor.  Unfortunately, these medications are not without side-effects and CNS hyper-arousal is one of them (in some people).  It's good that you discontinued it.  Maybe something like Neurontin would be more helpful, with less side-effects.

Take care.
I was on cymbalta for a short time and I could not sleep either. Doctor wanted me to switch from Celexa to Cymbalta.  Because of my husband's insecurity position at work at that time I couldn't keep taking it (would have been too expensive without insurance). I didn't think it helped anyway. So back to Celexa.  I can't take Celexa alone either, it acts like Cymbalta (no sleeping) but not as much. I take 50mg of Trazadone with it, makes me sleepy enough to fall asleep quicker than without it. Maybe we are just sensitive to certain drugs?  God bless.
The Cymbalta kept me awake at first, but now is just causes "dry mouth".  It's like am swallowing sand instead of salvia.  Not sure if the Cymbalta works or not.  I take Neurontin 9 times a day.  The Neurontin makes me feel tired and messes with my memory.  Just what FM people need to have right along with Fibro Fog. I think the doctors are just messing with us on the Meds.  Take Cymbalta for depression and take Neurontin so you can't remember if your depressed--then have a fibrofog stint, so you don't remember anything--the only thing you do remember is the pain your in.  Do you think the doctors are doing this on purposes, lol.

Hope you find something that can help.  Let us know and good luck.
I don't think they are doing it intentionally, but because they are following the path that the CDC and others have paved regarding FMS/CFS.  They still feel it is a psychological issue and prescribe drugs for treatment of this.  I have discontinued all drugs, other than 25 mg of zoloft and pain meds. for RSD.  I am now using colloid silver to fight the bacteria and have better results with this than any prescription drug.  **Check my journal regarding this**

There are options for treating FMS.  Since research shows that pathogens are involved, if they aren't treating them the drugs giving are only masking symptoms.  Our Health Pages show several protocols that members are using and making progress on.  I would much rather focus on the cause of the illness than use something which only hides the symptoms.  Pharmaceuticals are in it for profit and they are making tons of it from those suffering from FMS/CFIDS.

Take care.