Fibromyalgia Community
Do I have CFS as well as Fibromyalgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Do I have CFS as well as Fibromyalgia

I have fibromyalgia. I have been told by a rheumatologist and fibromyalgia specialist that I have chronic fatigue as well as painful fibromyalgia symptoms. Does this mean I have CFS. One doctor said chronic fatigue but not chronic fatigue 'syndrome'. He said it was significant because my fatigue and symptoms started after a viral infection. The other doctor said he felt Fibromyalgia was a spectrum disorder which included chronic fatigue. So do I have CFS as well as Fibromyalgia?
It seems to me that Drs opinions differ. Some think they are the same and others think they are separate. I don't think they really know... I suffer with both extreme pain and fatigue. I think they are related, they are in the spectrum of "we don't know what the heck is going on"
Sounds like it would be safe to say that you have Fibro and CFS.  

I agree that most Dr's are so unfamiliar with these two diseases, they are really at a loss to help you or even what to call it.

I've never really understood how Dr determine if it's one and not the other?  Basically, most people that have one have the other... or the same symptoms that accompany both?