Fibromyalgia Community
Do you doubt your diagnosis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do you doubt your diagnosis?

I'm a teenage girl diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was prescribed 10mg of Elavil, but it hasn't proved helpful. There's so much information online that you have to be careful with, but I don't think that I have Fibromyalgia.
Blank
553995_tn?1332022440
Hi and welcome, I always say, Follow your gut feeling!
I was diagnosed with FM 12 yrs. ago and felt like you, later to find I had EBV and mycoplasma. (basic lab tests) When it still seemed even these illnesses did not cover all my symptoms I found a Lyme disease doc, he tested properly and found Lymes an Babesia. All four were from one exposure to a tick. The first two can be tested at basic labs but Lymes can only be tested correctly at MDL , IGENIX labs.
Follow your gut and don't settle for a blanket diagnosis of FM. Five drs. Validated my FM diagnosis and may be right but time will tell when I finish treatment for the diseases that exasperate my symptoms.
Good luck Pretty
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
553995_tn?1332022440
Hi and welcome, I always say, Follow your gut feeling!
I was diagnosed with FM 12 yrs. ago and felt like you, later to find I had EBV and mycoplasma. (basic lab tests) When it still seemed even these illnesses did not cover all my symptoms I found a Lyme disease doc, he tested properly and found Lymes an Babesia. All four were from one exposure to a tick. The first two can be tested at basic labs but Lymes can only be tested correctly at MDL , IGENIX labs.
Follow your gut and don't settle for a blanket diagnosis of FM. Five drs. Validated my FM diagnosis and may be right but time will tell when I finish treatment for the diseases that exasperate my symptoms.
Good luck Pretty
Blank
2128874_tn?1335445782
Thank you for sharing your story; it was inspirational to me (really). I'm just now learning about Lyme Disease. I have a doctors appointment, so I will request testing. If you have time, could you tell me more about EBV and mycoplasma, or just send me a link? Thank you so much, phtartist!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...