Fibromyalgia Community
Do you have the same issues with Fibro?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Do you have the same issues with Fibro?

My doctor is unsure if I have Fibromyalgia or something else and has been on the back burner while I get stable for Bipolar as they deem that more important. But I get mild to moderate pain all over my body which can’t be put down to MS, Lupus or another autoimmune disorder as I have been tested for all that. I get tingling, numbness and muscle pain. I have blurred vision at times and I get general fatigue but I guess only when I am so depressed so it could be put down to that. I often get the common cold etc when others around me don’t, I get mouth ulcers and GERD which I believe shows I have a low immune systems. But lately I have been getting incredible itching in my feet soles and all over my back and I mean constant itching which doesn’t go away even when you itch it, I cant see any itchy bit or anything that would make it itchy. I don’t get any of the symptoms all the time just sometimes but when it does happen it does affect my functioning, these episodes can last for months as well and then go for a 6 or so months. I have not wanted any medication for it other than codeine mixed with panadol for pain because I take so many medications already for the Bipolar but lately I have wondered if trying some medication to see if it increases me depressed mood. I also have gotten Aura Migraines since I was very young and I continue to get them. I have a feeling that all my pain issues are caused by 1 thing and if I can get to that issue then I might be able to fix it all. I wish I could get to the bottom of it and get some answers from my doctor. Does anyone get these issues and have Fibromyalgia?
I do not have insurance so I go to university of arkansas for medical science. Universities like this have ample amounts of charity and low income help. If u have a medical university near you I would try to call them. I would just be consistant in ur search for an answer. If u may think u have ideas tell ur doctor about them and have him explain to u why he thinks its not that.
Yes, all of these issues can stem from fibromyalgia, but I was also thinking for the constant itching, if this could be from a reaction from some of your meds. Maybe there are a couple of meds that you're taking that are reacting to one another. I would ask your pharmacist or doctor first. Or this could be an allergic reaction to one of the medications. Check out these avenues first and see what comes of it.
Get an MRI of head,neck and spine. I was DX with feibro at 13 the last november I had an mri because of a wreck and was DX with a chiari malformation that explained my symptoms. My doctor says I may still have feibro. But to me doctors tell you you have it cause they don't want to continue searching for more reasons. I tell everone to get CTs and MRIs.
Yes, I get all of these symptoms with fibromyalgia but that does not mean that it is fibromyalgia. It is very important to rule out any and all other possibilities before calling it fibro even though it does sound that way. Do you get welts with the itching?
To suppmomma531

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe it would be an allergic reaction as i have been on my meds for some time and have had no resent changes but i will look into it

To cewilcox

Yes i agree that once with this diagnosis the doctor give up on finding a treatment/ other reasons for symptoms and i wonder if that why my doctor is hesitant to properly diagnose or not, but something has to be causing these problems and my worry is that it will only get worse if not treated or recognized and i do not have the money to get an mri or ct. but thank you for your reply

To tooyoungforfibro

No welts just red skin from itching so much. What else could be ruled out or could it possibly be? any ideas would be good. I also have very sensitive muscles say if you touch or slightly push into the skin especially on my legs the muscle really hurts even though it was not pushed hard do you get that?. Thank you for your reply.
Hey everyone!

Your symptoms and dxs are real challenges,not only for you, but for your health care professionals. Unfortunately , the prescribed medications, at best manage the symptoms, in the short to medium term. In the long run,as your JNK gene continues to stay activated
by the medications you are on and other factors, your health continues to progressively
deteriorate further. Symptoms worsen, new ones appear and other diseases may start showing up. Should your condition be caused by pathogenic mycoplasmas, then I urge you to research this area very well. Mycoplasmas can take over your immune system!
Some of my previous posts here cover the basics, regarding autoimmune and neurosystemic  diseases and  the connection with pathogenic mycoplasmas.
Extremely few Doctors are familiar with proper diagnosing and treatment of such diseases.
Knowledge is power. And the best prospects for healing themselves- afterall NOBODY
can do it for you! - are the ones that are more knowledgeable , open and proactive!
So please, do yourself a favor. Do not stay in limboland and continue suffering
unnecessarily all your life. There are things you can do!
Post again with your comments and questions.
Blessings to all!
Nikodicreta
Thank you everyone who answered :) very much appreciated.  
I definitely get the itching and crawling with my fibro.  I found a big improvement with Lyrica.  Gabapentin is a similar drug to Lyrica and is much cheaper.  You might want to give it a try.  Or, get your doctors working together to adjust your bipolar drugs.  Cymbalta (an SSRI anti-depressant) is useful in both bipolar and fibro.
Hi. I have fibromyalgia and all of your symptoms. The doctors say it is not related. I am going to another neurologist for a second opinion. I have muscle weakness, spasms, and involuntary movements as well. Good luck to you. If I ever get a dx I will let you know. I ask you return the favor though.:)
Trudie C - Thank you for your post, what does Lyrica do to help symptoms?

Family2011 - Thank you for your support and I will let you know if i find out whats causing my symptoms when i do find out.
Thanks and good luck.