Fibromyalgia Community
Doctor diagnosed me with fibromyalgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Doctor diagnosed me with fibromyalgia

Im 17 i was fit then i started getting all over my body and stopped working out and i thought i had injuries

And the doctors said im injuried but they werent sure so 2 years later i went to a doctor while travelling with my family

He did all tests, rehmatoid ,inflammation everything negative

So i told him can i work out again , he said yes but u gotta start real slow

I asked why while i have nothing ..he said well u have a condition called fibromyalgia

I dont know what is it extacly

But i can tell u that i get days where my muscles ache and weird feelings  and i forget alot i dont focus in my classes wich got my in lots of problems with my teachers and they know **** about my conditions in my country

Also extreme depression for the past 2 years for no reason

So my dad told me to do vitamin D test and my vit D was less than 5  ,do you think vitamin d was the problem ,?

Cuz one of my relatives told me he had  low vitamin d and he had nearly the same symptoms before he used vitamin d medication

And btw he did "pushing on muscle test"

No pain only in my forearm but it wasnt as painful as people describe it here

..pls  guys help ive been living in hell for the past 2 years since i was 15

Lost all my friends and all my hobbies and my bodybuilding dream .and my mind ..
Hey sweetie... First I am so sorry that you  have this illness!!! It's a hard thing to have!!! Especially being so young !!! I was diagnosed 6 months ago, and  I hurt so bad I could hardly get out of bed!!! Yes you get really tired and hurt all over!! And yes forgetfulness is part of it!!! I take 10,000 iu's of vitamin D a day, but it's not what the problem is, although it will help you!! Especially with the immune system...

My doc put me on Gabapentin for the pain, it does help but it really never goes away... Good days bad days... But!!! This medication has cause some weird side effects!!! One, Weight gain... I weighed 132 lbs 6 month ago, now I weigh 151 lbs.. I have worked very hard to keep the weight off but this medication makes you gain weight, then my eye-site is blurred, and I have horrible gastric upset and heart burn... And lastly no labido... So I talked with my doc and we are going to wean me off the gabapentin, and try a drug called Topamax...

As for working out!!! DO IT!! If you can!! Just don't over do it!! Do it slowly or you will pay for it!! Since it's been a couple of years.... But exercise really does help with the pain, as long as it's done slowly... Swimming, hot tub soaks, massage, stuff like that does really help... As for concentration, that's a battle I think for any fibro suffer, along with being really tired.

Again I am so so sorry that you have this nasty illness!!! And if I could take your pain away I would!!! No one deserves this, but there are so many people who have it... Try to ear as healthy as possible and take really good vitamins and some acupuncture helps to.... Hugs sweetie!!
I have no much pain like u describe barley spme times i get some pain in my legs or shoulder but not hurting much just a bit

And the doctor did the 8 locations pushing thing  it didnt hurt at all he was even confused with my condition but i the end he didnt have anything to say

And he said i think u have fibromy

Btw i didnt tell him that i had low vitamin d
Hang in there mate,

Looks like I am going to be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia next week, the Neurologist I have been seeing believes it is, pending confirmation from a Rheumatologist.

Started as chest pains for me 9 months ago with several Emergency Room visits with no joy, physio for months did nothing either.

So after a lot of blood tests, MRI's, bone scans, a CT and physical examination looks like I am in the same boat.

Don't let it destroy you!