Fibromyalgia Expert Forum
Does anyone has cervical problems (neck)

This expert forum is for questions and information regarding Fibromyalgia. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have fibro, also cervical stenosis, degenerative disc disease, bulging discs.  If I lay down my arms and legs get tight and numb and I start rocking back and forth it is so uncomfortable.  Also if I sit and watch tv.  From what I understand, a lot of Fibro patients have these disk problems.  Can anyone relate.  I also get chills with no fever.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Welcome to the Fibromyalgia forum . I can understand  what you must be going through with all the pain .
Cervical stenosis , Degenerative disc disease and bulging discs occur as a result of the normal day to day wear and tear .  Degenerative disc disease (DDD) is part of the natural process of aging . Unfortunately, as we age, our intervertebral discs lose their flexibility, elasticity, and shock absorbing characteristics. There is no known relation of Fibromyalgia to the disc or vertebral column problems or in other words , Fibromyalgia is not known as the cause of vertebral column problems .Though fibromyalgia does aggravate the pain caused by  disc problems .. Please consult a neurologist for the treatment of the disc problems . Physiotherapy will help you for the back problem as well as Fibromyalgia .

Chills without fever may indicate hypoglycemia, anemia, thyroid disorder, anorexia nervosa or another disease or condition  . An allergic reaction also causes chills sometimes . Please consult a physician for the diagnosis .

Do keep me posted if you have further querries .Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

I dont have cervical stenosis...but I do have sciatica, which is a pinched nerve...and I also have the arm and leg numbness....my pain maynot be as uncomfortable as yours, but, I understand...sometimes my doctor is unsure as what is the main cause....the pinched nerve or Fibro....what does ur MD say?
I have some bulging disks as well as stenosis of the low back.... sitting, standing or even lying down in the same position is painful.  I change which chaire I sit in every time I sit.
I can relate to you. I was in the nursing profession ( it seems like alot of nurses have fibro) and I believe I wrecked my back during all these years. I have severe stenosis,DDD, bulging disc, sciatia and numbness in lower R leg plus alot of pain which my Dr. says I have to live with and nothing can be done. Everyone tells you to walk but when I do the pain from walking starts the fibro pain, just like a merry-go-round,but I keep trucking along. My help..walking poles, they are worth every penny I spent on them.Keep your chin up, have a positive attitude and laugh even when feeling bad, it helps.
A related discussion, SBS and Fibromyalgia was started.