Fibromyalgia Expert Forum
Does anyone has cervical problems (neck)
About This Forum:

This expert forum is for questions and information regarding Fibromyalgia. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Does anyone has cervical problems (neck)

I have fibro, also cervical stenosis, degenerative disc disease, bulging discs.  If I lay down my arms and legs get tight and numb and I start rocking back and forth it is so uncomfortable.  Also if I sit and watch tv.  From what I understand, a lot of Fibro patients have these disk problems.  Can anyone relate.  I also get chills with no fever.
Related Discussions
Hi,
Welcome to the Fibromyalgia forum . I can understand  what you must be going through with all the pain .
Cervical stenosis , Degenerative disc disease and bulging discs occur as a result of the normal day to day wear and tear .  Degenerative disc disease (DDD) is part of the natural process of aging . Unfortunately, as we age, our intervertebral discs lose their flexibility, elasticity, and shock absorbing characteristics. There is no known relation of Fibromyalgia to the disc or vertebral column problems or in other words , Fibromyalgia is not known as the cause of vertebral column problems .Though fibromyalgia does aggravate the pain caused by  disc problems .. Please consult a neurologist for the treatment of the disc problems . Physiotherapy will help you for the back problem as well as Fibromyalgia .

Chills without fever may indicate hypoglycemia, anemia, thyroid disorder, anorexia nervosa or another disease or condition  . An allergic reaction also causes chills sometimes . Please consult a physician for the diagnosis .

Do keep me posted if you have further querries .Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

4 Comments
Blank
I dont have cervical stenosis...but I do have sciatica, which is a pinched nerve...and I also have the arm and leg numbness....my pain maynot be as uncomfortable as yours, but, I understand...sometimes my doctor is unsure as what is the main cause....the pinched nerve or Fibro....what does ur MD say?
Blank
I have some bulging disks as well as stenosis of the low back.... sitting, standing or even lying down in the same position is painful.  I change which chaire I sit in every time I sit.
Blank
I can relate to you. I was in the nursing profession ( it seems like alot of nurses have fibro) and I believe I wrecked my back during all these years. I have severe stenosis,DDD, bulging disc, sciatia and numbness in lower R leg plus alot of pain which my Dr. says I have to live with and nothing can be done. Everyone tells you to walk but when I do the pain from walking starts the fibro pain, just like a merry-go-round,but I keep trucking along. My help..walking poles, they are worth every penny I spent on them.Keep your chin up, have a positive attitude and laugh even when feeling bad, it helps.
Blank
A related discussion, SBS and Fibromyalgia was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703