Fibromyalgia Community
Does anyone have any suggestions?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello I am a 41 year old female who has Degenerative Disc Diease as well as Fibromyalgia and Arthritis. I had two major back surguries, one just in September that was a Fusion/ Disc Replacement/ Titanium Rods and Screws. I also have major Cervical Issues, Torn Disc and buldged disc in my neck. I am on a lot of pain medicines.
I have found that Fibromyalgia now for 6 years, and find this to be the absolute worse of all the pain. I am on Cymbaltia and find the pain relief for the pain so so. I have tryed Lyrica and even though I got relief I ate like a horse. I have tryed also tryed Stella I believe its called and it made me so depressed I felt I was dying. I wondered if any Fibro patients have any suggestions on different medications that have worked for you.
Thanks so much for your help
Angella
I am on Gapentin and I found it works well for me I could not take Lyrica either it just didn't do anything for me I am on a high dose with Gapentin but it works. Like you I am also on alot pain meds they had to find the right mixture of drugs to control my pain or I just could not move now I still feel the pain but at least its manageable. I am just waiting to get into the pain clinic my doctor is trying to get me in urgently apparently it can be up to a 2yr wait. I wish you all the best I certainly can understand it can be trying sometimes.
I wish there was some encouraging words to share with you. I am in the same situation, minus the surgeries.  I've tried savella, lyrica, cymbalta, nuerontin, flexeril, norco, celebrex, anti-depressants, etc... and NOTHING is working for my physical pain (Fibro + many spine problems).  Somedays it's a horrible life.  Somedays it's just too difficult.  BUT we have to be strong and hopeful that someday an effective treatment will be availble for all of us who are suffering.  Try to enjoy every ounce of life.  
Be well
I have done alot of research and learned first of all what Fibromyaligia really is...likely anyone with FM has candidia yeast overgrowth in the system which led to a "leaky gut" syndrome (thin lining of the colon which allows leakage into the bloodstream)...consequently the liver, gallbladder, and everyother major organ and aspect of your body becomes involved in the FM disease.  A person must eat a clean diet with fruit, vegetables, 8 -10 glasses of purified water a day, get rid of the silver fillings in your teeth if you have some, forget the tatoo's which only add unwanted dyes to the blood line.  Most people suffer from constipation and that is the first thing to fix before anything will change in your body.  Give up coffee, smoking, dairy, white flour, and all refined surgary foods...and don't drink cola's and consume aspartame (very bad).  Take charge of your body and work out on a daily basis to get rid of the toxins in the muscles as well as shaping up and getting fit.  At some point the medications will run a persons life....don't let them....get healthy...the body knows how to heal if you will help it with the right diet and nutrition.  A lifestyle change, not a diet for a short time.....Good luck and all the best.  But make sure you take charge of your own life don't let the doctors dictate what you need to do.