Fibromyalgia Community
Does anyone have suggestions for brands of office chair?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does anyone have suggestions for brands of office chair?

I am having a terrible time finding a good office chair.  This is of crucial importance to me, as my profession requires me to be seated at a computer all day.

I do not have a formal dx of fibro, but I have chronic Lyme disease and myofascial pain syndrome.  I almost always am in a stage of high systemic inflammation, which causes me a lot of symptoms and discomfort.  

If I'm on the wrong type of chair, I quickly develop a lot of burning pain that literally makes it impossible for me to function at my work.

I know I'm very fortunate to be working, but this issue is causing me a lot of stress and discomfort!  If anyone has suggestions for brands or makes of office chairs that provide superior comfort, I'd appreciate it.

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1281603_tn?1283802299
I bought my husband a Herman Miller Aeron Chair for his office, then when it arrived, I liked it so much I bought one for home and another for my work. They are pretty pricey, but with the economy, there were a lot of used ones available. They adjust for tilt, lumbar support, mid back support, everything you could ask for.
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
I've had problems for years with this and used to put pillows on them for lumbar support.  In my new job the desk and chair wth a keyboard pull out and large screen are all in the perfect harmony and I am not having issues.  I really believe that it was the height of the desk and where the screen was positioned that caused my issues of a sore back and uncomfortableness, not the chair.  Something you might want to look into.  Look up proper alignment.
Blank
428506_tn?1296560999
Thanks for the ideas.  I am going to visit the showroom of the company with which my work has a contract, but if they don't have the right fit for me, I'll look elsewhere.

TrudieC you do make a good point about properly arranging office equipment.  That is near and dear to me, and I've attended several ergonomics workshops.  (My last job had tons of required training, so I had the opportunity to attend lots of demos and discussions.)  Your current set-up sounds great, enjoy the harmonious arrangement!

I know the seat alone is a big issue for me, though.  Even away from the computers, if I simply sit up with good posture in a bad chair, I start to have burning nerve pain in my shoulders, back, and rear-end.  I know I need a very well-cushioned seat pad, and also need the seat and back to be independently adjustable.  

If I eventually find a chair I really like, I'll post the specifics.
Blank
1609697_tn?1301072999
Check out the ERGOHUMAN chairs.  They have several models, with lumbar and neck support.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank