Does anyone have suggestions for brands of office chair?
I am having a terrible time finding a good office chair.  This is of crucial importance to me, as my profession requires me to be seated at a computer all day.

I do not have a formal dx of fibro, but I have chronic Lyme disease and myofascial pain syndrome.  I almost always am in a stage of high systemic inflammation, which causes me a lot of symptoms and discomfort.  

If I'm on the wrong type of chair, I quickly develop a lot of burning pain that literally makes it impossible for me to function at my work.

I know I'm very fortunate to be working, but this issue is causing me a lot of stress and discomfort!  If anyone has suggestions for brands or makes of office chairs that provide superior comfort, I'd appreciate it.

I bought my husband a Herman Miller Aeron Chair for his office, then when it arrived, I liked it so much I bought one for home and another for my work. They are pretty pricey, but with the economy, there were a lot of used ones available. They adjust for tilt, lumbar support, mid back support, everything you could ask for.
I've had problems for years with this and used to put pillows on them for lumbar support.  In my new job the desk and chair wth a keyboard pull out and large screen are all in the perfect harmony and I am not having issues.  I really believe that it was the height of the desk and where the screen was positioned that caused my issues of a sore back and uncomfortableness, not the chair.  Something you might want to look into.  Look up proper alignment.
Thanks for the ideas.  I am going to visit the showroom of the company with which my work has a contract, but if they don't have the right fit for me, I'll look elsewhere.

TrudieC you do make a good point about properly arranging office equipment.  That is near and dear to me, and I've attended several ergonomics workshops.  (My last job had tons of required training, so I had the opportunity to attend lots of demos and discussions.)  Your current set-up sounds great, enjoy the harmonious arrangement!

I know the seat alone is a big issue for me, though.  Even away from the computers, if I simply sit up with good posture in a bad chair, I start to have burning nerve pain in my shoulders, back, and rear-end.  I know I need a very well-cushioned seat pad, and also need the seat and back to be independently adjustable.  

If I eventually find a chair I really like, I'll post the specifics.
Check out the ERGOHUMAN chairs.  They have several models, with lumbar and neck support.
I wonder if u find ur comfort chair , and looking forward to hear from u , because I have the same quest .wish u the all the best