Fibromyalgia Community
Does this sound like fibro?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Does this sound like fibro?

I am a 34 year old female who is fairly active.  Two and a half months ago I started getting cramps and pains in calf muscles which spread to cramps and pains in my forearms.  Went to family doctor and was told my potassium was borderline low.  She put me on potassium supplements about a month and a half ago.  Cramping has got better, but then numbness and tingling sensations came.  I would have them in my legs, arms and on my scalp.  Those have gotten better but now I have muscle twitching in my arms and legs for about a week now. My doctor did a MRI of my brain, all was normal.  I am still on potassium supplements and started magnesium supplements as well.  The pains/cramping continues in forearms and twitching is a daily thing. Other miscellaneous symptoms that I have been having are from time to time I get a case of dizziness.  Sometimes neck muscles burn and are sore.  Someitmes I feel like I am trembling inside or when I hold something I feel my arms start to tremor.  If someone pokes me or even if my son sits on my lap it makes terrible pains in my muscles.  Does this sound like fibro or something else?  Please help.  Thanks.
Could be fibro.  Could also be lyme disease or a virus.  You may want to consider a lyme test.