Dr. Against Weight Lifting for Fibromyalgia
I have been involved in bodybuilding (never competed but was sponsored in my 20's by then Ms. Alaska). Have trained off and on throughout my life. I then became very sedentary for years and atrophied and became obese. I have agorophobia and cannot psychologically deal with gym drama; the atmosphere terrifies me. We are very poor and my husband got a back tax refund allowing us to purchase a treadmill and a Gold's Gym Platinum Smith Machine which allows an extensive amount of ways to build with large amounts of weight. I am back at it every single day. On the treadmill and lifting and I am happy, my depression greatly lessened, my obesity fading, my strenghth growing, chronic pain much less, flexibility returning, more self esteem, and atrophy fading. I have fibromyalgia, high blood pressure and cholesterol, diabetes II (borderline), emphysema, and metabolic disorder. I have altered my diet and feel great. My doctor said I needed a weight machine, tread mill, and weights. I got them. Now Section 8 has called him and told him they do not want to subsidize the extra room to keep and utilize the machines that are helping me. My doctor backed down and said I didnt need a weight machine. Section 8 now wants to rid me of them. I can't afford to go elsewhere with no insurance as poor as we are. I see this doctor on sliding fee. I invested in health and am getting it through hard work and grit. Now what do I do?
I don't understand what Section 8 is? Are they saying you can't keep your weight stuff in your own apt.?