Fibromyalgia Community
Drop In body Temperature

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Drop In body Temperature

I have Diabeties and under active thyroid. I also have Fibromyalgia. I've had problems with my body temp dropping 1 degree relatively fast. Typically in the evening after my evening mea. I've checked the blood sugar and its not more than 199. What is causing this extreme change in temperature?
Response from Prof. Nicolson:  In CFS and FMS patients with underactive (also overactive) thyroid we have found chronic infections causing thyroiditis or infection and inflammation of the thyroid gland.  Candidate infections include: Mycoplasma species, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Borrelia burgdorferi, and viruses including HHV6 and CMV.  The most common infection found in these patients is a Mycoplasma infection.  Such infections can also affect the temperature controlling system in the brain.