Fibromyalgia Community
Ear and jaw pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Ear and jaw pain

This might sound strange, but I get sharp, shooting pains in my ears and jaw and around my head near the ears.  The pain is intense and quite scary.  I don't know what this is from.  When I mention it to my doctors and dentists, they look at me like I'm crazy.  I have had my ears checked and my teeth and they say everything is fine.

This is bothering me more than anything else and very hard to take.  It keeps me up at night.  Does anyone get anything like this from fibro?
Cindee56
   I was checking out this site for the first time when I came across your comment. I get the pain in the ear....the pain feels like its deep in the ear. It seems to run along the jawline  and slighty into the head. I don't have it all the time ....it seems to come on from no where....it may last an hour or more and then it leaves as quickly as it appears. My reason for checking out this site is because my doctor thinks I may have Fibromygia..he put me on LYRICA to see if the pain goes away. I also experience widespread pain and other weird symptoms but not the burning skin sensations that I'm reading about on this site. Do you have other symptoms???             Peggy
Yes, my ear pain does feel like it's deep in the ear.  I also get pain on the outside sort of near the temples, but by the ear.  I've been getting pains in my head too, strange pain, not like a headache, more like pains.  It drives me nuts, mine usually lasts on/off the whole day.

I get muscle pain, knee and back pain, and I am tired. I also get shooting pains in my arms and my hands ache.  I get pain in the elbows.  The doctor said it's tendon pain, which is typical of fibro. I get some tingling and numbness and shaky feelings also.

For your sake, I hope it's not fibromyalgia.  I am not taking Lyrica right now, but I heard it is supposed to be a good drug for fibro.

It has happened to me alot I always think I have a cavity or ear infection you learn to ignore it, just look at it as another sore joint.
I have the same and do not know what to think about it. Btw, how it is now?
I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and thought that I had it under control.  But lately I have been having ear pain that feels like pressure in my ears.  My jaw has started to hurt, and there are times that my throat has started to close up.  My food has actually gotten stuck in there a couple of times.  The ear pain started in my right ear, but now it is in my left ear, too.  I don't know what is going on but if anyone found any answers since their last post, please let me know.
Ear pain, Jaw pain and Headaches can be due to TMJ ( Tempromandibular Joint Dysfunction). TMJ is common in patients with Fibromyalgia. Do you grind /clench your teeth at night? Do you mostly get this pain after waking up from sleep? Then most likely it's TMJ. Also, If your dentist mentions that you have some teeth-wear ( Attrition), then you are most likely grinding/clenching your teeth at night.
Though I don't know what the reason could be for your throat closing up...